Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark needs a home

Hello everyone,

Well, the Lark needs a new home. My wife needed a more "reliable" vehicle for working out of town. I`m hoping to sell it on a more principled basis, such as to a Studebaker enthusiast rather than a 19 year old girl that thinks it`s cute.

The run down; 1960 Lark 8 four door. 259, two barrel, 3 speed w/od. The trans has been overhauled, new generator, plug wires, carb rebuild, coil, fuel pump ( I think the new pump is not supplying enough fuel), I recovered the seats in Mohair (have enough to finish door panels). The fenders have the usual rust. Small hole in trunk. The main seal leaks a little on the clutch and causes some slippage. I believe the car has about 70,000 miles. It has sat most of it`s life. It is a daily driver. The radiator has just sprung a leak at the seam. I recently rebuilt the front wheel cylinders. Original dash pad has no cracks. It is a plain jane with no clock or radio. I just put brand new tires on it. The car is very original and unmolested.

I`m not quite sure how to post the pics of it. I`ll look for a tutorial which I`m sure exists on the boards here, or you can email me at yesca@cox.net. I would like $3500 but I will consider a reasonable offer. I`m in san Diego. I have some extras such as a pair of bumperettes and a shop manual.

Thanks,
    Jason

quote:Originally posted by Yesca

Well, the Lark needs a new home. I`m in san Diego.
    Daggonnit, another one on the wrong side of the continent.
    Jason, do you provide free shipping to the East coast?
    There are instructions on the top on how to post pics. If that doesn't work send them to me and I can post them for you.
    Here are Jason Wilmots' pics of his 1960 Lark in San Diego Ca

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
    Nitram~ 57 Transtar
    Lancaster, PA

Comment

Well, the Lark needs a new home. I`m in san Diego.
      Daggonnit, another one on the wrong side of the continent.
      Jason, do you provide free shipping to the East coast?
      There are instructions on the top on how to post pics. If that doesn't work send them to me and I can post them for you.
      Here are Jason Wilmots' pics of his 1960 Lark in San Diego Ca

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
      Nitram~ 57 Transtar
      Lancaster, PA

Comment

I`m hoping to sell it on a more principled basis, such as to a Studebaker enthusiast rather than a 19 year old girl that thinks it`s cute.
        Jason,
        IMHO, if you want to "pick" a specific type of buyer, you may not be ready to turn loose of your Lark. (It also limits the "pool" of possible buyers and, hence, limits how much you get for it)

What would stop a potential buyer from telling you what you want to hear, then doing something different...either what he intended to do from the beginning (turn it for a profit, hot rod it, paint it a color you wouldn't like, etc.), or perhaps because his needs or tastes changed over time.

Also, what happens if the "perfect" buyer ends up getting rid of it 2 years from now (needs the money, looses storage, finds a car he wants more) and sells it to a ( gasp [:0]) girl.

When you sell a car, you sell the car. It's not yours anymore. You can't control what that buyer does to it (or the next owner, or the next). If you can't live with that...keep the car.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I`m hoping to sell it on a more principled basis, such as to a Studebaker enthusiast rather than a 19 year old girl that thinks it`s cute.
          Jason,
          IMHO, if you want to "pick" a specific type of buyer, you may not be ready to turn loose of your Lark. (It also limits the "pool" of possible buyers and, hence, limits how much you get for it)

What would stop a potential buyer from telling you what you want to hear, then doing something different...either what he intended to do from the beginning (turn it for a profit, hot rod it, paint it a color you wouldn't like, etc.), or perhaps because his needs or tastes changed over time.

Also, what happens if the "perfect" buyer ends up getting rid of it 2 years from now (needs the money, looses storage, finds a car he wants more) and sells it to a ( gasp [:0]) girl.

When you sell a car, you sell the car. It's not yours anymore. You can't control what that buyer does to it (or the next owner, or the next). If you can't live with that...keep the car.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have a related story. I went to look at a 63 Lark a few months back that the owner was asking $3500 for. I looked it over and explained that I felt it was worth perhaps $3000 since I would have had to put some money and work in it to resell. He said he didn't want to sell it to me just to flip and we parted with a handshake. He called me back last week after showing the car to a half dozen "tire kickers" that did not buy it and offered it to me for my $3000 offer. I was not in a position to buy it by then, so he countered with a "$2000 and make it go away" offer. I told him, I'd think it over since I'm a bit over inventoried this month, but I'll go get it shortly.

JDP
            Arnold Md.
            Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
            64 Commander 2 dr.
            63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
            63 Avanti R1
            63 Daytona convert
            63 Lark 2 door
            63 Lark 2 door #2
            62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
            62 Lark 2 door
            60 Hawk
            59 3E truck
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I have a related story. I went to look at a 63 Lark a few months back that the owner was asking $3500 for. I looked it over and explained that I felt it was worth perhaps $3000 since I would have had to put some money and work in it to resell. He said he didn't want to sell it to me just to flip and we parted with a handshake. He called me back last week after showing the car to a half dozen "tire kickers" that did not buy it and offered it to me for my $3000 offer. I was not in a position to buy it by then, so he countered with a "$2000 and make it go away" offer. I told him, I'd think it over since I'm a bit over inventoried this month, but I'll go get it shortly.

JDP
              Arnold Md.
              Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
              64 Commander 2 dr.
              63 Avanti R1
              63 Daytona convert
              63 Lark 2 door
              63 Lark 2 door #2
              62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
              62 Lark 2 door
              60 Hawk
              59 3E truck
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

John will you be bringing any of your cars to South Bend to sell?? Since I missed out on the Hawk[V] I just couldn't convince the purse strings to loosen up[)]

Randy_G

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

John will you be bringing any of your cars to South Bend to sell?? Since I missed out on the Hawk[V] I just couldn't convince the purse strings to loosen up[)]

Randy_G

Comment

Nope, I sell them from here, or where I find them. I will be listing that 64 Daytona HT again, the new owner just found out he has cancer and I agreed to help him resell it. Damn shame.

JDP
                    Arnold Md.
                    Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
                    64 Commander 2 dr.
                    63 Avanti R1
                    63 Daytona convert
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    63 Lark 2 door #2
                    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                    62 Lark 2 door
                    60 Hawk
                    59 3E truck
                    52 Starliner
                    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Nope, I sell them from here, or where I find them. I will be listing that 64 Daytona HT again, the new owner just found out he has cancer and I agreed to help him resell it. Damn shame.

JDP
                      Arnold Md.
                      Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
                      64 Commander 2 dr.
                      63 Avanti R1
                      63 Daytona convert
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      63 Lark 2 door #2
                      62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                      62 Lark 2 door
                      60 Hawk
                      59 3E truck
                      52 Starliner
                      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Jason; I think you will find that this car is NOT a "plain Jane", which would be a "Deluxe" it is a "Regal" 60V-W6 top of the line sedan. It has the optional on Deluxe, standard on Regal PADDED DASH, pleated cloth seats, chrome front panel trim, fancy door panels, door window suround mouldings etc. Things like radios, heaters, clocks, cigar lighters etc. were mearly options, and it may not have many of those, no big deal! [^] very nice car, with a repair panel welded in on the front fenders it would look pretty good! [^]

Original dash pad has no cracks. It is a plain jane with no clock or radio. Jason
                        StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Jason; I think you will find that this car is NOT a "plain Jane", which would be a "Deluxe" it is a "Regal" 60V-W6 top of the line sedan. It has the optional on Deluxe, standard on Regal PADDED DASH, pleated cloth seats, chrome front panel trim, fancy door panels, door window suround mouldings etc. Things like radios, heaters, clocks, cigar lighters etc. were mearly options, and it may not have many of those, no big deal! [^] very nice car, with a repair panel welded in on the front fenders it would look pretty good! [^]

Original dash pad has no cracks. It is a plain jane with no clock or radio. Jason
                          StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Nitram for posting my pics. I did not mean to sound THAT principled. I actually had a 19 year old neighbor that thought the car was cute and possibly wanted to buy it and use it as a daily driver. I Don`t want the poor girl to buy it and have all the problems that go with an old car without any idea how to fix it. I`m not a purist by any stretch of the imagination. I just know the people on the boards would have a better appreciation for this car and may possibly want to buy it.....for whatever end purpose.

Thanks again! Jason

Comment

Thanks Nitram for posting my pics. I did not mean to sound THAT principled. I actually had a 19 year old neighbor that thought the car was cute and possibly wanted to buy it and use it as a daily driver. I Don`t want the poor girl to buy it and have all the problems that go with an old car without any idea how to fix it. I`m not a purist by any stretch of the imagination. I just know the people on the boards would have a better appreciation for this car and may possibly want to buy it.....for whatever end purpose.

Thanks again! Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X