Looking for a member in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a member in Michigan

My brother asked me to see if a forum member near Muskegon, MI would be willing to store a Studebaker pickup rear bumper he just bought until he could meet them at a meet sometime in the future. It might be a while.

1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

I have the room but am almost 2 hours from Muskegon and working 2 jobs right now. No time. If he could get the bumper to kalamazoo we could talk...

Comment

This is going to be one of those deals that needs coordination to get done. The seller doesn't want to ship and we are a long way from the part. I can understand why you wouldn't want to make a long drive. Maybe someone else can step up. We have some long time SDC friends in Michigan, but they are on the wrong side of the state.

Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

The seller wouldn't even take it to a Greyhound station? I should think he wouldn't even have to wrap something like this to send it to the station nearest to where your brother lives.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I guess he can check on that. Some of us have no experience shipping large items.

Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I had a Ccab rear bumper shipped from Rockwell NC to Kansas City last January for about $40 for 25lbs on FedEx Home Delivery. Seller just cut some cardboard and taped it to the bumper "to protect the other baggage" and dropped it off in Charlotte at a FedEx shipping point. Got here in a little over a day.

Also had a NOS 64 Daytona rear bumper shipped Greyhound from Central Florida a couple of years ago for about $40. That one just got cardbord taped around the mesh sock that it had come from SASCO in. Greyhound doesn't deliver to your door but to the closest terminal near you, and you have to pick it up.

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
            '64 Daytona HT
            \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
            \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

We are exploring options. No Greyhound terminal here anymore, but one in Little Rock is only 50 miles. Joe talked to a regular customer who has lots of relatives in Michigan. He said that they often travel this way. One of them might bring it down.

Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

I shipped a tailgate as checked baggage on a plane trip once!

But that was before they weighed everything and charged per bag.

Fred

**I'm not the best speller...FireFox catches most of my mistakes, but I use IE at work**

Comment

52-fan, I just sent you a private email

Comment

Working...
                  X