'66 Brochures This Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '66 Brochures This Time...

I can't resist a bargain. [:0]. Bought 5 1966 Studebaker brochures on eBay for some ridiculous low amount. Only need one (not sure I even need ONE ).

Who has a '66 and doesn't have a showroom brochure? Email me your snail mail addy and I'll send you one.

Like the '65 brochure, it pictures the Stude V8 and not the Chevy one that came with the car. Wrong colors even. What's up with that?

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

quote:Like the '65 brochure, it pictures the Stude V8 and not the Chevy one that came with the car. Wrong colors even. What's up with that?
    I think there was a disconnect between Studebaker management and the art department who did the brochures. Even back to the 40s and 50s they had bright yellows and reds on the cars that were not available on the cars.

When Studebaker quit in 66, I went to the local dealer and asked for anything related to Studebaker. He gave me a whole box of 66 brochures. It has taken me 40 years to get rid of them, but now I am down to only 5.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:Like the '65 brochure, it pictures the Stude V8 and not the Chevy one that came with the car. Wrong colors even. What's up with that?
      I think there was a disconnect between Studebaker management and the art department who did the brochures. Even back to the 40s and 50s they had bright yellows and reds on the cars that were not available on the cars.

When Studebaker quit in 66, I went to the local dealer and asked for anything related to Studebaker. He gave me a whole box of 66 brochures. It has taken me 40 years to get rid of them, but now I am down to only 5.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude
        He gave me a whole box of 66 brochures. It has taken me 40 years to get rid of them, but now I am down to only 5.
        I must have bought #'s 6-10 [)]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude
          He gave me a whole box of 66 brochures. It has taken me 40 years to get rid of them, but now I am down to only 5.
          I must have bought #'s 6-10 [)]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I didn't mean to be so negative, Dick. It is a nice item for someone who has a 66 or who wants to collect all years of Studebaker brochures.

Comment

I didn't mean to be so negative, Dick. It is a nice item for someone who has a 66 or who wants to collect all years of Studebaker brochures.

Comment

I've just recently acquired a 66 commander from Craig Parslow, and would love one if they're still available. Email me with a price. Thanks, Evan

Evan Davis
                Prairie Bulletin
                Saskatchewan Chapter
                Prince Albert, Sk
                Evan Davis
                Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

I've just recently acquired a 66 commander from Craig Parslow, and would love one if they're still available. Email me with a price. Thanks, Evan

Evan Davis
                  Prairie Bulletin
                  Saskatchewan Chapter
                  Prince Albert, Sk
                  Evan Davis
                  Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

You're a very generous guy, Dick; thanks again for the Lark brochure you sent me [^]

Now, you don't have too many r2 engines from eBay that you need to get rid of, do you? I'll take a couple if you do, and even pay the shipping......

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

You're a very generous guy, Dick; thanks again for the Lark brochure you sent me [^]

Now, you don't have too many r2 engines from eBay that you need to get rid of, do you? I'll take a couple if you do, and even pay the shipping......

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                      X