fan/shroud clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan/shroud clearance

I am switching my 62 hawk four-blade fan to a 6 or 7 blade fan. I have a fan clutch but not sure what clearance I should have between the tip of the fan blade and the shroud. Has anyone done this, and what fan did you use? It looks like a Mopar off a 318 will fit but not sure.

Pics enclosed. This is one loud mutha. I live close to you, if you would give me your address, I will bring my 62 Hawk over and let you look at the setup. My zip is 75209.

Comment

What fan or where did you get your fan?

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

Pics enclosed. This is one loud mutha. I live close to you, if you would give me your address, I will bring my 62 Hawk over and let you look at the setup. My zip is 75209.

Comment

Stude vendor. I think it was Dave Tibault. The fan clutch is the one sold by our Stude vendors.

Comment

The spacer is a stock Stude item, with the center cut out to fit the heavy duty Stude water pump. The studs are regular parts, that had to be cut down to fit. The fan is 17" IIRC.

Comment

Any way to cut down on the loudness?

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

Comment

Hi,
              The viscous coupling with a 6 blade fan isn't that objectionable unless your rear axle is numerically high. I had a straight 6 blade on my (3:31) Hawk and it was terrible. When I installed the viscous coupling, it dropped the noise to a very acceptable level.

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
              55 President State Sedan
              70 Avanti (R3)
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Jon,

You need to take a trip to Royce City, out I-30 east, and see Bob Helm. He advertises in Turning Wheel, and has bought a out a lot of old dealerships. He had several tons of parts. He has saved mine, and several other people's bacon over the years. You need to call him at 214-537-0921, after 6:00PM central time. He probably has everything you need.

Comment

Working...
                X