Need help with codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with codes

I own a 55 Champiom 2 door Delux and need help with the following.
    Under the hood the plate reads 16G6-F4,5171. On the drivers door the tage is GI354254. Can anyone help me to understand these so when I am ordering parts I will order for this car.
    I have a friend with a 55 Commander and can see the differences on apperance,then recently I saw a 55 Champiom for sale on ebay that was 2 door but looked different than my car.
    I know for all you Studeabaker guys this may be simple but for me being new to this car I want to at least not sound so dumb when I talk about my car.
    Thanks for all help.
    Benny

You already have your answer Benny, you have a 16G6-F4 1955 Champion Deluxe 2 Dr. Sedan with wraparound windshield, that is what you order parts for.

You may be confused by the early '55 straight windshield ,F1, F3, F5 yours is a late '55, Wraparound Windshield F4, or maybe the Custom F2 or Regal Commanders. There were many other trim levels in '55. which do not apply to your car.

Also, you may have seen '55 2 Dr. Coupes, those have very little resemblance to your 2 Dr. Sedan. The Coupes "C" body, and Hardtops "K" body share a completely different, long low European design body, unlike the taller Sedans. [:0]

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the reply. In looking on the different web sites I don't see many of the 2 door Champion Delux. I suppose there are many around but I have yet to run across one . I even check " Hot Rod Hot Line" web site every day and none have shown up on it.
      I really love this car and look foward to having it at meet's soon.

Comment

The sedans were never considered "desirable" in the day, as the Coupes/Hardtops were, so it makes sense that most are now scrapped, even though their popularity is coming back with the "Four Door" generation!

Hot Rod Hotline would not be where they show up, from time to time 1 or 2 show up each year on ebay Motors, the prime place to find good Classic cars, the specialty sites are seldom seen by serious car buyers.

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks again for your responce. It is good to know that I have a car that is going to be "Different/Desirable" for people to look at. It sure has raised eyebrows around my neighdorhood

Comment

Working...
          X