55 champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 champion

so i have been looking for front drums for my c body and have been not successful. The car is unsafe to drive and am wondering if it would be better to change the body over to a s-15 or something as everything is about shot. Any ideas? I might be able to non-op it for awhile as it would not be good to have the brakes fail and go through someone...it is all steel. i am in the bay area if some one knows of any drums? Otherwise I may have to wait until I can afford a Turner kit...The front end is past due for a rebuild too.

Better safe than sorry. Those handled poorly enough without having worn parts added to the mix.

Comment

Complete brake assemblies from [u]
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Stan, Bob Peterson live in Castro Valley and his shop FULL of Stude parts is only a couple miles away! Bob posts here as "candbstudebakers". I'd bet several dollars to a donut that he'd have bolt-on V8 brake parts that would VASTLY improve your Champions stopping power.
        Changing to another frame or parts thereof - you're asking to open a BIG can of worms![xx(]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here's a set on eBay now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STUDE...Q5fAccessories

Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
          X