Death Threat to Model '62 Stude Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Threat to Model '62 Stude Lark

Today, when a arrived at work at the municiple garage, a young co-worker was holding an original JoHan model box. I noted that it was the '62 Daytona hardtop kit. He said he got it at a garage sale for a dollar and I could have it for that, as he needed money for the vending machine. My wallet flew out of my pocket. All I had was a twenty. Another guy hands him a buck and he gets the car! Now this guy hates Studebakers. You may have read about him,here,before. He's the one that said Richard Poe beating a 440 6 pack with his R1 was just a story. I didn't report that, when Ted and his R2 recently beat a 440 6 pack at the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags, he said the was a story too, like 100 and 1 Dalmations. And now he said at the end of the work day he was going to stomp on the little Stude. He started laughing and doing an exagerated stomping dance. Well, later he confided that he bought the kit at a slot car event for $25. He figured if I didn't want it, his friend will put it on eBay, for him. Well, I have several JoHan kits and am in no mood to pay that guy more than a few dollars. I will give you guys a heads up, when it hits eBay. I wasn't allowed to touch it but the box is in good shape, the model is unbuilt but the body has been nicely painted. It is Purple but I think with more Blue in it than Steincamp's '63. The intruction sheet is present but not the decals. By the way, this guy isn't all bad. He's the one that welded my clutch release support bracket back together, no charge. My wife says maybe I talk about Studebakers too much. Whaaaat?? Peace from Detroit, Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
    Gary Hildebrandt

Ouch--BURN!

Comment

Your friend is right. Those are just stories. BTW, does he race for money....

Jim
      Often in error, never in doubt

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
      Jim
      Often in error, never in doubt
      http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh yeah, this guy races for money or at least used to. Street racing. I also have a friend that won't race at the drag strip unless there is prize money. He runs a 10 second Maverick and I could get him to go to Muncie and race the Chicken Hawk for fun. He and ^Ted did become email friends, as a result of my efforts. He has raced about as long as Ted. That is so cool. Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
        Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

I meant to say "I could NOT get my friend to race the Chicken Hawk.....Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
          Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Working...
          X