Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering for 53 coupe

Hi All,

We're installing a Bendix/Eaton power steering system on a 53 Coupe. The pitman arm is incorrect. We went to Studebakers West and talked to Carl in hopes that he had a solution. Carl said that Studebaker made a pitman arm that married the two systems but he didn't have one. Have any of you solved this problem or have a "spare" pitman arm.
    Thanks for the help,
    John Brayton[?]

john brayton
    John Brayton

call dave thibeault. he will press fit the old , original pitman arm female section into the larger beefier pitman for the PS unit. I have had this issue with prior 53 project, using the original ross box, and the newer, larger pitman. Dave has a nachinist who did this work effectively for me. -thanks -m weiss

ok

Comment

Thanks for the lead and I suspect that is exactly what I'll do. I still need to find the correct pitman arm. Carl thought the one I have is off of a sedan. The correct one (I believe) is from a 62 Hawk with power steering. If anyone knows of one or has a parts car and wants to sell the entire Bendix power steering unit I would be delighted.

Thanks again.

john brayton
      John Brayton

Comment

Working...
      X