Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Seattle....

....know the owner of this car?

Unless there's no engine, the price seems a bit too good to be true, but he's a bit closed mouthed about any of the specifics. His email address shows him as Lewis clayton.

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
    55 President State Sedan
    70 Avanti (R3)
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

He has the thing listed under auto parts. Did he make a mistake? Does he deem it only a parts car for some reason? Does he not have a title? It is a mystery. If it is a runner with a title, the price seems a bit too good.

"I know nothing"

Sargent Schultz

Comment

Well no wonder its priced so cheap, it needs a hood cable! [8D]

Brent's rootbeer racer.
      MN iron ore...it does your body good.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I've emailed the owner. If it is what he says it is, I intend to buy it. How did you discover his name as Lewis Clayton? There is an L. Clayton in the Seattle phone book. No one listed by that name in the 2009 AOAI Roster.

Rich

Richard Morris
        Renton, WA
        64 Avanti R-1 #5367
        90 Avanti 4-door #78

Comment

The guy seems to be a real dirtbag, at least his email replies are.

Can you tell me the VIN...

NO!

You list it as a parts car, is it a parts car?

IT IS IF YOU WANT IT TO BE!

...more too. Good luck dealing with him!

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
          55 President State Sedan
          70 Avanti (R3)
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Unless there's no engine,?

loaded runs good drive good.

If this had been posted by Fred Flintstone I might wonder but since it's not I can only assume it has an engine.
            Does sound like a dirt bag though. Is that his house parked behind it?
            Dean Pearson.

Comment

Talked to this guy several times today and went to see the car. Very surprised it is within 3 miles of my house! Owner was not in town & his wife didn't know anything about the car. No key so couldn't get inside nor try to start the engine. Not sure what to make of him, but the car is straight, paint very tired, tires all flat, chrome wire rims are rusted, very dark tint on windows, windshield is cracked, leather looks faded and hard, carpet is toast, engine bay looks like it hasn't run in a while, frame looked okay from the very little we could see. Trying to evaluate all the costs to incur if purchase. He may have tied his own fate, because Ebay auction is no reserve so car will sell to highest bidder. I suspect he will pull ad before auction ends.

Rich

Richard Morris
              Renton, WA
              64 Avanti R-1 #5367
              90 Avanti 4-door #78

Comment

I would want to clarify that $1500 flat shipping fee also. Hope thats not for keys and paperwork. Steve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X