Need 1957 Door Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 1957 Door Panel

My 1957 Broadmoor Wagon does not have a drivers side door panel. I mainly need the stainless trim pieces so that I can recreate one. Here is a picture of the passenger side panel. Any help is appreciated!

Jim Bahr in Wisconsin said he has two 1958 wagons. Would a 1958 Wagon have the same door panel?

Comment

Not even close.

Edit: I've got a 58 wagon and there's NO stainless trim on the panels at all. In fact, the panels on this car are surprizingly blah in style.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Michael is that a seat belt on the door? I remember this car having just about EVERY option on it. One loaded Prez. Good to see progress being made on it. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Not even close.

Edit: I've got a 58 wagon and there's NO stainless trim on the panels at all. In fact, the panels on this car are surprizingly blah in style.
          Remember that 1958 was an ALMOST BROKE year for the Studebaker Packard Corp. EVERYTHING on the interiors got CHEAPER!

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes Matthew. You name an option it is on it. The wagon is running now. I had to replace the heads. The heads were cracked. I found out when I went to change the spark plugs and one of them broke off leaving only the threads. This weekend I am going to install new wheel cylinders and a new master cylinder. It is hard to find parts for this one! I see why people customize certain models but that is not for me.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I think this one has fancier panels also because it is a Broadmoor.

Comment

Here is a better picture:

Comment

Have you tried SMS here is their link
                Suppliers of quality classic auto interiors since 1977. The largest inventory of Auto Upholstery Cloth, Vinyl, Headliners, Carpets, Vinyl Tops, & Door Panels.

They do an outstanding job on door panels. they are not cheap.
                I will check this weekend. I think I have those metal strips.

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

That would be great,,thank you

Comment

Studemichael I am sorry I tore the pole barn apart and I do not have a match for you. I don't even have anything close. I thought I had a set off of a 58 Broadmore from years gone by that were very close, but I must of sold them. sorry

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

There was no Broadmoor in '58. The top wagon in the Stude lineup for 58 was the Provincial (Save for ONE President series wagon). There were 2,239 Provincial 4-dr wagons built in '58. I have a 58 Provinvial and it's door panels are rather plain. There's no stainless trim on them whatsoever.

There was one President series Provincial built in 1958. It differed from the Commander series Provincials in that it had a 289 and probably the President emblem on the grille as well as the President series taillight lenses at the rear - maybe finned brake drums as well. I haven't heard that that one wagon has survived. There were also a whole TWELVE Champion 4-door wagons built for export in '58. These likely would've been trimmed out like the Provincials, but the parts book doesn't make that clear.

The Parts book DOES show that where the Provincials had their name script on the fins, the President series wagon (the ONE that was built!) had "Studebaker" in place of "Provincial"

All told, there were 2,252 4-door wagons built in 1958. The rest of the wagons were 2-door Scotsman variety. And not to be forgotten - there were 159 Packard 4-door wagons that year too.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1963 Cruiser
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
                        There were also a whole TWELVE Champion 4-door wagons built for export in '58. These likely would've been trimmed out like the Provincials, but the parts book doesn't make that clear.
                        Here is an illustration as used in the Dutch market brochure for 1958.

Craig

Comment

That's interesting. It's the same image used for the V8 Pronvincial for the domestic market. Wonder if the Champions wore that "Provincial" name script or Champion? I find it really curious that the parts book specifies a "Studebaker" script for the President version and make no mention of what would have been on these Champions.
                          Also, weren't the single bulb headlamps standard on Champions? This clearly shows dual bulbs. We'll probably never know, unless the specifics were/are spelled out on the production orders - which I doubt.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1963 Cruiser
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe
                          1957 President two door

Comment

Thank you for looking 58PackardWagon! Hopefully you found some other treasures you forgot about in the process.

Comment

Working...
                            X