A driveable 1/24 scale 53/54 Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A driveable 1/24 scale 53/54 Stude

I'm about 2/3's done building a 1/24 scale radio controled 53/54 coupe (Conestoga) Stude.

While not exactly cheap, it IS a very cool little car.
    Since I have the Conestoga, that's the body I'm using...but the AMT model body has the same wheel base, so that's also an option for a vintage NASCAR car with wide tires and wheels, rounded fender openings, sitting low, etc.
    Looks great sitting in the desk.

It'll be a while as I have to make a coupla custom parts but I'll post some pictures of what I have this weekend if anyone is interested.

Mike

Sure someone is interested, post pic's when you can.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Yes, I would love to see pics. Steve

sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see the pix. It's a fascinating project.
        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

You could also consider submitting something on this project to
          Turning Wheels. We also like models.

Comment

sounds really cool,
            alway's wanted to do a c-cab body and place it on a R/C monster truck chassis.

ChopStu

140 weeks till completion.
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Ok...current pictures up

The coupe body will have to wait for a second chassis. This chassis is for the Conestoga panel body.
              I will be cutting rear windows in the body to make it look more like my actual wagon.

The carbon fiber "spring" holding the motor pod in place will have to be custom made for the correct wheel base. The one on there now has been...."modified"....to fit, but it's really not driveable the way it is. Carbon fiber sheet on order..!
              The "shock" on top is adjustable for friction.

The tires are made for wider wheels. These tires will be narrowed to fit the narrow wheels that fit under the stock fender openings on the wagon body.

Nice thing about FM radios...NO ugly antennas sticking up out of the body...!

I know about the "CASO" moniker...and while this car drivable is well into the three digit range (including the control radio)..I can build copies. Since I'm not yet done, I don't have an exact cost yet.

Click on "Slot and RC cars". Double click to enlarge any picture.
              Sorry about all the dust..!

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X