Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker 2X2 & 2X4's in 1959

Even in 1959 Studebaker 2X2 and 2X4 intake manifolds weren't cheap,

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Wow! $38.75,s just a fraction over two percent of the cost of Studebaker's cheapest offering in '59.
    I'd guess around $600 today.Wish I could see the price of the Stude and Packard manifolds.Is that $70 something?? Wouldn't it be great to walk down to the store and take your pick.
    Terrific posting.Ahhh welll.....

A.C.Moisley
    A.C.Moisley

Comment

Yeah, seventy dollars was a lot of money. In many cases, a whole week's wages. Close to a whole month's for my brother who worked at the Clark Dye Pharmacy down the street. Then again... these were what my father called, "rich boy's toys," anyway.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

What I wanna know is, "Where is the "bucks" or molds/machine forms for these beauties?" I wonder if the old owners are around? There was ALways some stock left over when they closed the doors...

Sonny
        http://RacingStudebakers.com
        Sonny
        http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

I wonder if any are left? I've seen the Stu-V intakes, but these look pretty interesting.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

THis reminds me of a short story I read in college. Tells of a guy who invents a time machine. He can't perfect it cuz it only sends him back in time 40 years and lands him on the same street corner in Chicago. He gives up and shelves the machine in the garage. His wife ends up using the machine to go back in time to buy quality meat at a discount. The butcher appreciated her for not griping about the price. I think I wouldn't mind having his time machine just to go back and buy Stude speed equipment. Even if it was only in one spot in Chicago. The guys at the Chicago speed shops would LOVE me.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

Working...
            X