mystery Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery Stude

An Elder in my church came up to me and told me he saw a red Studebaker parked along Hwy 70 the other day. He said it looked like he was waiting for someone. He said it looked fast just sitting there and it was the red-est color he had ever seen.

Gee, I wonder who's car that was?

Any ideas - Pat?

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Hey... I saw that car on Hwy 70 also. It was exiting off the Freeway going northbound. I was in the southbound lane with a couple of Stude V8s in the back of my truck. I don't think he saw me in spite of my honking and waving. It may have been my "plain Jane" white truck which blended in with all the other brand Xs. Pat's Red 53 sticks out like a sore thumb, especially to the trained eyes of a Stude owner. Anyone in the Karel Staple Chapter need a V8 engine???

sals54
    sals54

Comment

I toy with the idea of putting a V8 in the Dude truck but I'm not through spending money on the bullet nose. If the right deal came along and someone to do it for me, I might be tempted. Send me an e-mail and I will put an ad in the Hawk Talks for you.

It's free dispite the fact that you still haven't "gotten round" to joining our club - even though you keep telling me you will.

Jon Stalnaker
      Editor, Hawk Talks
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

LOL, Yup that was me. Was on the way to and from the NSRA Golden State Nationals on either Friday or Sunday. Only saw a few Studebakers there. And Sal, I had a sore thumb once and you are right, it was Red! Sorry I missed you going the other way, I was no doubt concentrating on my driving

Pat

Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I was at the NSRA show on Saturday. Only saw 8 Studes. Sorry you missed the next episode of "Press Pass". Look for it in November Hawk Talks. I talked with Bob Bryant and he told me you were there on Friday.

Jon Stalnaker
          Editor, Hawk Talks
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Where is the Karel Stable Chapeter? I may be looking for a Stude V8 pretty soon, although I really don't know when that will be. If the price was right and I could swing a ride out that way, I may need it sooner than I thought.............lol. Email me and let me know what you have. Thanks

Jerry

Comment

You can find us at www.hawktalks.com. You might want to e-mail Sal about the engine. He hasn't sent me an ad yet.

Jon Stalnaker
              Editor, Hawk Talks
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
              X