53 CK Rear Quarter Pass Side B Post Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 CK Rear Quarter Pass Side B Post Bracket

I'm patching a 53 CK passenger side rear quarter. There is a bracket welded to the panel that mounts the panel to the B post. The bottom ten inches of the bracket on mine has rusted away. Does anyone have a trashed out rear quarter that has the bracket still intact that I could use?
    Thanks
    Bill
    From upstate New York, where on a quiet night you can hear the neighbors Fords rust.
    http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
    sigpic

How long do you want to use it Bill? ha ha

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
    canbstudebakers-
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

There are "baffles" that go between the fender and the body. Classic Enterprises makes new ones with the rubber attached (originals had leather). I think there are two on the passenger side and three on the driver's side with the gas door. Well worth the cost if you're repairing them, anyway.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Bill are you referring to the bracket at the extreme front vertical edge of the quarter, with the 3 holes that mount it to the "B" pillar? I have some pretty shaggy Hawk quarters here look OK in that department.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Thats the guy. Passenger side. If you could wack the front couple inches off the panel that has this bracket welded to it, it would make this job a bit easier. I'm at zip 13760. Let me know off line how much I owe you and I'll send a shipping address.
          Thanks
          Bill
          http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X