Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Sweet 54 Hard Top!

This baby is knocking my socks off!

A very pretty car indeed. I wonder how high the bidding will go.

It does seem to have a set of 53 tail lights however.

Bob

Comment

Yup a Champion resto with an 8 cylinder will do that. To bad there are no flix of the engine bay. Stunning rig nontheless!

Live your dreams!
      Live your dreams!

Comment

Buy it, BUY IT NOW... What are you waiting for???
        Dean.

Comment

Tis nice! I know you all will pick it apart for wrong bumper guards, etc. Note in the specs., they say it has an 8 cylinder engine. I wonder if they've even lifted the hood. No pics of that. Could you buy it, then find it has a 6 cylinder, and demand a deep discount[?][}][}][}] And it somehow transformed from a '64 to a '54.[:0] "This car's 10 years older than you said it was!"[:0][:0][:0] These guys are professionals?[)][)]

[I would only consider this 'cause I really want it.]

KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

For that kind of money, I'd hope for a flawless Commander, but it's a Champion, and has some detail issues. Having said that, it is a stunning car and may well sell.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

That car looks excellent from what I can see in the few pix I looked at. Some stuff not stock other than the engine unknown though:

- Red wheels. I think they are supposed to be black to match the body
              - No gold in the wheel cover centers
              - I think the back up lamp housings are sedan units, they are pointing up a bit since a sedan has a steeper decklid.
              - The tail lamps as mentioned. I seem to recall that early '54 champions used '53 lamps but thought that only applied to C's and not K's like this one?

The pictures stopped loading after the first few for me (dial up) so if there are any of the interior I can't comment...

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jeff_H

That car looks excellent from what I can see in the few pix I looked at. Some stuff not stock other than the engine unknown though:

- Red wheels. I think they are supposed to be black to match the body
                - No gold in the wheel cover centers
                - I think the back up lamp housings are sedan units, they are pointing up a bit since a sedan has a steeper decklid.
                - The tail lamps as mentioned. I seem to recall that early '54 champions used '53 lamps but thought that only applied to C's and not K's like this one?

The pictures stopped loading after the first few for me (dial up) so if there are any of the interior I can't comment...

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop
                IIRC, it was the '54 Commander Starliners that never used the '53 taillights. I had a '54 Champion Starlight that had them.

Chip
                '63 Cruiser daily driver
                '57 Packard wagon on the road!
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

What I can see is beautiful, but you would expect to see under the hood for that kind of starting bid.

1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                  "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Does have sedan back-up lights![:0] Good for illuminating the trees. Pretty paint does not a good car make.
                    I would want to go over this one with a fine tooth comb and magnet before pledging that kind of money. '54 DID
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The red wheels are correct.

Comment

Wow! What a car. Sure, there are a lot of little details to attend to that would probably cost a significant amount of money, but I sure wouldn't kick it outta my driveway for leaking oil. In fact, if this car were a Commander, I'd probably trade my little sister in on it [8D]. LH

"I'm allergic to small block Chevys."
                        Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

It is a nice car . but ouch!!! if I bought that I wouldn't be able to afford socks

Comment

Sort of legitimizes the $ I'm spending on my 55 Commander K. Mine's not a speedster, but the black on red seems to be most attractive. I feel better now about keeping it all stock. Hope thy get their $ for the '54.
                            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Flathead 6 and an automatic. Yuck.

Beautiful car, though . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X