what's this bracket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's this bracket?

Notice the big bracket, it's bolted to the rear of a 2R5 front fender. Any ideas what it was for? It makes it impossible to mount the fender to a Stude cab..

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Just a guess, but it could have been placed there to be use as a handle or "temporary" holding device while other work was being done. Where did you get the fender?
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Maybe it was a homemade spacer for a tweaked cab, for the fender was in the right spot.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I bought the fenders from Bo Markham. They came off a 2R5 and I had to remove the grille and radiator support when I picked them up.

Both fenders have this bracket. They look factory made. They are "arc" shaped and have been sliced and welded along the edges; really professional looking. There's no way these would work on a regular Stude cab. You'd have a 4 inch gap between the cab and fender. [)]

My granddad thinks that maybe they were used on a milk truck, or some other truck with a custom cowl.

All I do know is that under the headlight bucket gasket, is the original Omaha Orange. [^]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I believe your dad is correct in that it is an A1 or A2 'cowl & chassis' configuration.

Craig

Comment

Matthew,

Alignment and attaching brackets for a tilt front clip.
            Bo

Comment

Maybe they came off of a school bus?

Brent's rootbeer racer.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Not for nothing but I would pull the bracket and fit the finder then see if thair is a spot for it.

fred

Comment

Working...
                X