salvage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salvage

I am trying to salvage some of the parts from a couple larks before sending them to the tinworks. I have a 62 6/3sp OD 4dr. The floors are gone and no title. My question is what parts are worth pulling and what are better just to buy new? I pulled the front clip for another car and the rear fenders were in excellent shape. I pulled the front split recliners and the climatizer. The trans is in the trunk in pieces. The engine apparently was having issues so I may not even mess with it. By the look of this car the CASO is not a new breed.
    I also have a 59 W6 automatic that has been used for engine parts although the block is still there and turns free. I saved the front clip to help with a Champ.
    Rob

I would keep the doors (I believe the fronts will also fit a Champ), trunklid, the Dana rearend (especially if it has twin-traction)and the windshield if in good condition. It might also be good to keep any optional accessories that came with the car. If the frame is rust free, its worth a few bucks to folks in the rust-belt area of our country.
    Brent
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

wish you had a '62 2 door Regal!

Studebaker classifieds! www.studeswap.com

Comment

I would like to put early lark taillights in my fiat but I would need pieces cut from both quarters and the two end sections of the tail panel. Are yours any good and how are you with a die grinder?

Comment

Here's a thought. Even tho you don't have titles for these, if you saved the Serial# plate AND the rearmost crossmember - where the secret serial# is - a title COULD be established and maybe serve to bring another old Stude of 62 or 59 vintage back onto the road.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I have included some photos.

The seats from the 62 were still soft under the covers that were on them.

This is the only tailight on the 59

Comment

Right down to the color and condition - that '59 looks just like the one I sent to the scrapyard some weeks ago. I kept all the trim and the front clip as well as a few mechy-anical bits.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Do you have both lenses for the 59? Not that it really matters. Would you be able to cut the taillights out for me? Mark the body and post a pic and I'll tell you if that;s enough metal, but as long as it includes the curves up to the flatter sections, I can use them.

Comment

Here's some pictures. I only have the left lense but there is a base for the right one. Neither base is very good. I am getting it reduced. I think I will keep the entire cowl.

I'll notch the inner fender here.

There is a seam that runs under the light. I'll do the right fender about the same as the left.

Comment

That's scarey close, but I think you got it.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has contacted me and to the replies. I will be sending out some parts for other projects.
                      I started this thread because I thought we might be able to establish a kind of idea on what to save for the future when someone is in the same position. I picked these up to help with my champ and kind of got carried away. I do appreciate the suggestions.
                      Rob

Comment

Being from Minnesota (lots of road salt used here), I look at your Lark parts car and wish that my Studebaker projects were that clean.
                        Maybe I should pack up and move west.....anybody got a cheap home for sale with a very large shed?
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I don't know where this one came from but it is in much better shape than most that I get, rust-wise, so it worked out well for a doner car. It might have been a good one to fix up but I am about 10 cars behind now.
                          Rob

Comment

Hey mapman, did you get pinned neath a studebaker? I did once. No rush, just wondering if you are still alive and kickin..

Comment

I'd like to get the 59 trunk (deck) lid from you, but your in Idaho right?

ChopStu

141 weeks till completion.
                              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X