'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

How would you like to have that wagon and that GT sitting behind it in your garage?

Doug

Venice, Florida
      1950 Champion 9G F1

Comment

I'd rather have the wagon and that Kaiser Traveller behind it!

I like the lesser trim on this wagon along with the dog dish caps and the clean (no guards or wings) front end.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Champ. I was so suprised to see my car that it took me a while to figure out where the pic was taken. It was in July at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix car show.

You can see "Elmo" riding in the back with the roof open in a pedal truck. I won that in a drawing a couple of years ago. A woman called me several months after buying the tickets and said "John, you won the truck." I was jumping up and down believing that I had won an actual truck, forgetting that I had bought tickets on the pedal truck. I bought Elmo at a yard sale thinking that he would be a good prop for car shows and parades. I've used him in my '62 Lark setting him on a small box on the front seat with the seat belt holding him in place. That makes him tall enough to be seen in the window, and I can reach over and wave his hand to the kids.

I drove the Wagonaire in a neighboring township's parade in August with Elmo as you see him in the truck with the roof open. Last Saturday I received an envelope in the mail from the township's Fair Board. I was puzzled because I could see that it was a check. When I opened it there was indeed a check for $ 15.00, and on the memo line was the notation: "Parade-- most unique Antique Car". Will wonders never cease?

Thanks again for posting the pic.
          JWW
          Clinton, PA

Comment

Bob, the Kaiser is a regular at all the local cruises during the summer. I'll try to post some pics if I can find them -- it is pistine.

My Wagonaire was built in South Bend but sold new in California and spent more than twenty years out there. It originally had all vinyl interior, but being used as a daily driver by Bill Borton, he said it was so hot that he couldn't stand it. He had a soft cord-like cloth put in it which just delights me. The car was originally white. Craig Piper (Westmoreland Restorations in Blairsville PA) did the repaint and some body repair. The dog dish caps were his idea and I too like them.

My only regret is that the after market A/C from California was replaced by a Studebaker unit during the rebuild. It was also converted to 134 or whatever. Bottom line -- it's not nearly as cold. You could have hung meat in the old setup. []
            JWW

Comment

What's the black vehicle beyond the grey Desoto? Is that a Powell Sportwagon?

KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

John, I recognized your car and the GT, and Kaiser and just knew the photo was from Southwest Pa. without reading further. The Black Hawk was at one time owned by Joe Kliment, who then sold it to Jim Heiple, who then sold it Chuck Baranosky, who then sold it to a friend of his. I forget his name. jimmijim Alabama

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Shaggin' Wagon (aire)! Oddly enough, the piepans and straight "bumber" do look very good on this car.[] LH

"I'm allergic to small block Chevys."
                  Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Now you've gone and done it.... You've made me think of how badly I'm missing my 64 Wagonaire...... boooo hoooooo.

sals54
                    sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lark Hunter

Shaggin' Wagon (aire)! Oddly enough, the piepans and straight "bumber" do look very good on this car.[] LH

"I'm allergic to small block Chevys."
                      Surely you are being sarcastic? jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                      X