Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker International Now Including SASCO's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker International Now Including SASCO's!

Check out the SI site???

<div align="left">My first stude '61 champ in 1987</div id="left"> <center>Shane</center><center>Kennewick, WA</center>

Interesting indeed...
    Perhaps an agreement was made to sell inventory while other issues are sorted out.

My first thought?
    Everybody with an unfilled (but paid for) order should immediately get in contact with SI for clarification.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Everyone needs to be very careful about reading every post and understanding what is being said.

"Sometimes employees get over exuberant and jump to conclusions without checking first. This especially happends when I'm out of town. The three words on our website are incorrect and will come off tomorrow morning. When there is information to report I will announce it on the Forum, and hopefully that information will be coming soon.

Ed Reynolds
      Studebaker International"

This is from "the horses mouth". Do not be repeating rumors, read all the posts and don't spread information that has been discredited from one who is in authority.

We all need to wait for the publication of information by the authority.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I agree, and worded my reply to this post very carefully.

Knowing well the rabid nature of all the various Studebaker forum participants, and their penchant for starting (and continuing) post's...what has happened is not surprising.

But, in this case the two people that posted this (here on the SDC forum)info did nothing more than report what was on SI's website.
        The problem, or premature info, was not here, but on SI's website.

Amazing thing, this Internet is...
        You can't go to the bathroom without it getting posted somewhere...
        And the amateur cub Studereporters are all just dying to post their story and scoop the other papers....
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Everyone needs to be very careful about reading every post and understanding what is being said.

"Sometimes employees get over exuberant and jump to conclusions without checking first. This especially happends when I'm out of town. The three words on our website are incorrect and will come off tomorrow morning. When there is information to report I will announce it on the Forum, and hopefully that information will be coming soon.

Ed Reynolds
        Studebaker International"

This is from "the horses mouth". Do not be repeating rumors, read all the posts and don't spread information that has been discredited from one who is in authority.

We all need to wait for the publication of information by the authority.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

We could be patient and fair-minded, but that would spoil the fun. This is one of those critical moments that yields a lifetime of urban legend. Where would the 200MPG water carb be today, I ask you, if we'd been patient, and didn't have to wait in the barber shop chairs? Where's the future of Americana? What's the country come to, if you can't speculate on what ought to be true?

Personally, I'm working up a novel involving Ed and Dennis' rival parts empires, the back room deals and maneuvering that resulted in this corporate M&A (the biggest for us since Packard, am I right?) BTW did you know Nate and Leo were former OSS, and knew how to read those Bible codes?

(This is futile. I know enough about Stude history to realize you can't make up anything more stunning than the truth. Also, I don't have 'research access' to Palma's teen-age diary).

Comment

quote:Originally posted by comatus
            BTW did you know Nate and Leo were former OSS, and knew how to read those Bible codes?
            Don't forget that Raymond Loewy was part of the French underground...
            And what about the Vatican's big Stude order in the 50s?
            Is it just a coincidence that that Notre Dame is in South Bend? I think not.
            Remember the original title of "The Bourne Identity" was "The Bourke Identity"...but Nixon made them change it.
            And recall in Stone's JFK film, he talked about the "Single Bullet" nose theory.
            And don't forget the connection to the Masons...wait that was George Mason and AMC...er, never mind.

Gee, this is fun...

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Gawd, now i'm going to have to worry that someone will find out i'm just a worthless gypsy bum living off off my good looks in the pacific. And have only infiltrated the stude forum to increase my thirst for conering the market in rust. darn those fun and interesting rumors anyway

Comment

"...You can't go to the bathroom without it getting posted somewhere..."

WHAT???? I AIN'T goin' to the bathroom EVER again! Squeeze THAT in your Charmin, Mr. Whipple!

John

Comment

Working...
                X