2009 PSMCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 PSMCD

Here are the photos I have edited so far. These are just from Saturday's warm-ups. Caution - lot's of brand x's - Fords, Mopars, AMCs (I don't care for the General )

More to come tomorrow. It was a beautiful day up in Stanton, MI. at least 7 Studes running today (4 63 Larks, 1 Challenger, 2 Avantis).

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
    53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

MORE!

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Thanks George. We appreciate your effort in putting the pics up. Can't wait to find out how everybody did.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Who's 54?

Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
        Fresno,Ca
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

I wish I was running a car. Maybe one of these days. Do you have any race results and times?

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

I know it's hindsight now, but Studebaker really Missed the boat when it didn't offer a supercharger option in the 1959 Lark, It was early in the muscle car era and Chevy only had a 348,Ford a 352, Mopars a 383. and a S/C lark would have easily whompped up on a 348, 14 second 1/4 mile times in a stock 348 would be flying. And a Lark would be maybe 2800lbs, 3000 at most in a stripped down 1959 Lark. Studebaker would have had a name on the drag strips around the country, and more people would have noticed the car. More sales, heck it could have even changed history. And maybe we could have got that 340 C.I. engine.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Look how popular the Plymouth Roadrunner and Dodge Super Bee became on the dragstrips.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

All of round one is loaded now. Brand X's just get one or two shots, but Studes get several documenting the entire run. Here are more samples, including one forum members blue Dodge with and SDC sticker! By the way, I was told at the gate that there were about 140 cars racing this weekend.

89 photos so far and round two to go.

53 C with a Cadillac engine (I forgot to log information for the Registry )

take a look at the full size shot of this to see the angle of Richard Poe's fuzzy dice on this hard launch:

Canadian Avanti R2 comes to the US to break 100 mph (not kph) :

--george

53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

Comment

Looks like my R1 Lark was planting the tires hard at the line. Good pictures again George.
                    Richard
                    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

I only have a minute to comment. That 53 coupe was very cool. The owner is a very clever, creative guy. That was NOT a Caddy engine, however, but a 350 Chevy! He cut out the Cadillac script and grafted it to the Chevy valve covers. Nice craftsmanship. He said it has a MOPAR front end and cop wheels. He also used a junkyard rotary AC compressor. I told him to write this car up for the TW modified column. What a beautiful fun day at Stanton!! Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
                      Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

WOOHOO!!! Peter must be EXCITED that he hit the 100mph mark! We just need to get those ET's whittled down to match that new top velocity!

What a great Studebaker turnout! What a great racer turnout (I think the total ended up at 144 cars). And what a great weather turnout (compared to last year's monsoon)!!

It was great to see all the old friends, and make some new Studebaker friends. It always helps to put a face to a screen name.
                        Ted Harbit looked GREAT! I hope to look as good as Ted when I hit 60, let alone hitting 74!!

Frank Remlinger
                        SDC# A004602R
                        Frank Remlinger
                        Detroit, Michigan
                        SDC# A004602R

Comment

Peter must be EXCITED that he hit the 100mph mark! We just need to get those ET's whittled down to match that new top velocity!

That 100 mph and 14.4 or so et it very impressive considering Peter is running a/c, drove it to the drags from Canada and is running a 3.07 rear gear. Yes, he can go through the traps in 2nd gear. A 3.73 or better will get him well into the 13's. Very impressive indeed!!

Comment

Comment

While I was at the drags I got to get a warm up ride in both Richard Poe's R1 and Rich Meadows R4. Both cars feel very strong, very impressive. The R1 pulls hard and launches great which comes from several years of trial and error with suspension mods, the R4 pulls very hard but does not launch well at all. Rich still has the four leaf springs in the back with lightly clamped springs.....not even close to enough to hold the suspension where you want it when you are pushing it with an R4. I think he will have that remedied by next year. Great ride in both cars!

Comment

Working...
                              X