Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATURDAY Eye Candy

NICE

The tinted windows and color matched bumbers give a retro look almost and convey the message - "Don't mess with me!"

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

THANKS GARY IN ALVIN TX

Comment

Decently executed exercise in how to cut TOO MUCH roof off. And to me (just MHO, remember), that brightwork-challenged body, with bare rubber gaskets bearing the front and rear glasses, says "SCOTSMAN!". At least with a Scotsman, the austerity had a purpose.

Oh yeah! I can also envision the fun of my aging 6'1" frame trying to get in and out of this coupe.[V]

Keep 'em coming, Rich. There all entertaining!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Needs a new or used stock roof. Hard to beat the original looks. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

My pet peeve, DON"T remove the outside door handles!!
            I will not even bother to look at one that don't have the outside door handles!
            I'm with you Bob, kinda hard to fit a larger body into a small cabin.

George
            Grants Pass, Oregon
            64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car.

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe
            George King
            Grants Pass, Oregon
            64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Car Looks Great! I too would like to know how much was taken from your A, B, & C pillars. Plus more specs if you are willing to share?
              Front suspension, steering, rear end width. Wheel sizes & offset or back space.etc. etc.
              Love the stance.
              Brian

Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

New to this! Just dawned on me that the eye candy of the day are just pictures of cars you have seen, not built. Do you know who does own this car? I would still like the info. Or am I out to lunch with my new assumption?
                Thanks for any help from anyone who might read this, as I pretty much have made my own customizing decisions, but always like to hear from those who have already been there. Why re invent the wheel if someone else has found something that works great.

Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Yeah, Rich started treating us to "eye candy" shots awhile back. Most, if not all, are just cars he's seen thru time.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

While I would not want to actually own a car chopped that much, I do think it looks mean. The idea of driving it very far is far from my mind. I agree about the door handles. On a custom removing the handles makes sense, but I would leave the handles and skip the door poppers etc. on this style.

1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

Now thats a cruzer,smooth yet catch me if you cn look,hard for an old goat fat body like me to get into, but love the chop. Can sit in my driveway anyday.

Comment

Nice workmanship, but there is an imbalance. It reminds me of a woman with a huge butt and small shoulders. Also, there is something annoying about the windshield cowl. It looks like it came off a boat or something. Having said all that - I'd take that sucker in a minute and love it!

Doug

1950 Champion 9G F1

Comment

I wouldnt kick it our the garage for leaking oil!
                          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Not my cup of tea. Like Jimmijim said, "hard to beat the original looks.
                            It's also hard to ruin the original looks, but this top is getting close.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Decently executed exercise in how to cut TOO MUCH roof off. And to me (just MHO, remember), that brightwork-challenged body, with bare rubber gaskets bearing the front and rear glasses, says "SCOTSMAN!". At least with a Scotsman, the austerity had a purpose.

Oh yeah! I can also envision the fun of my aging 6'1" frame trying to get in and out of this coupe.[V]

Keep 'em coming, Rich. There all entertaining!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1963 Cruiser
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President two door

A Scotsman C body, eh? Would that be referred to as a "Scotslight"? He mighta spent too much money lowering the roof to buget in the chrome... it is kinda expensive, ya know. Them little windshield wipers sure are cute, though. LH

"I'm allergic to small block Chevys."
                              Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Working...
                              X