Talking Studebakers at the Strausstown (PA) show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking Studebakers at the Strausstown (PA) show

My brother and I attended the Strausstown Lions Club show this past Sunday -- I in Grace, our '54 Commander Starliner and Bob in his '50 Hudson Commodore 8 4-door sedan. While we were sitting in a cool shady grove of trees (a perfect spot reserved for Studebakers only), a fellow approached me and asked if I knew where he could find a Studebaker like mine. We talked for quite a while. I suggested that if he wasn't already a member, he should join the SDC because Turning Wheels is absolutely the best single marque car magazine going. That's where I found our car in 1998.

After quite a while of talking, when he was turning to leave, a woman approached and asked if he was interested in buying a Studebaker. What kind, we asked. A 1956 Golden Hawk, she replied. Where is it located? Here in Strausstown. It was her fathers and from what I remember, she described it as being in good running condition. She quoted a price, and I really hope the gentleman to whom I was talking went to look at it; he got the address and told her he would be there later. If I didn't already have the car of my dreams -- Grace -- I'd probably own that car now.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Hummelstown, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.
    Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.
Working...
X