59 Lark - Tahiti Coral revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Lark - Tahiti Coral revisited

Well, got the car back from a pro paint shop. And yes..its back to Tahiti Coral. She seems happier in the color she wore the last 50 years.

The chrome will be on as soon as I locate new clips for it.

Great to see it authentically restored.
    She's a lucky girl!

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

April Fools in September, right?

Comment

The thing I have to say about the Tahiti Coral is its much more photogenic than the red that I had on her temporarily. She seems much happier

Comment

I seriously thought you were kidding, wow. Looks good but what a 180 you pulled off. [8D] I haven't been to Palm Springs since 1982, but that sign still looks retro to me. Good choice, but what a lot of work that you didn't plan on, sorry. You sound happy, though and that's all that matters. It's a classic late 50s color. You had the wheels the stock color, how'd they end up white? Looks good, either way. Congrats, what a color ride!

Comment

The red paint had lots of white spots that seemed to come up through the paint. When I'd buff it, it would look great for about 10 mins, then the white would come back through. I'm not a superstitious person, but I will say, when she was red, lots of weird things happened, monster vapor lock problems, lighting problems, etc. I'm sure it was just coincidence, but it is 110 here today and she exhibited none of the vapor lock issues. Nothing has been changed and I'm using the same fuel as before.

Comment

Good thought, then. I've had some of that myself. I had to look at your license plates because those shots just looked like old photographs from the sixties to me. They could have been from anywhere, anytime, if they were black plates.

Comment

The other painters didn't paint the door jambs on the car and it was going to be considerably more to have it done in red vs tahiti coral. The CASO in me came out and decided to just go back to what she was meant to be.

Comment

I took them about 1/2 hour ago. The telling thing about the time period is the Palm Springs sign. It used to be on a white board with 50s style script in a green color.

Comment

Your Lark looks absolutely fantastic! I love that color.

-Bob

Comment

Looks good Tahiti Coral. That's the original color for my 59 4E13 one ton. I've been having a tough time thinking about repainting it that color. Macho truck thing I guess. But seeing your Lark, I'll have to rethink things![^]

Gordon

Comment

Yeah.. I had the issue with the Macho thing too. But, the car is as she rolled out of South Bend (other than the side chrome isn't on and the white wheels). Its a rolling time machine. You'll get lots of attention and smiles.

Comment

What a beauty - much better choice.

You won't regret this.

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
                          In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
                          If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Wow, that is a awesome turn around!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                            Dylan Wills
                            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Nice stuff!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                              '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X