PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Cruiser...SOLD

barnlark
09-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Got the word today that the trip by myself and Kevin69bman to the Summit Racing sponsored 17th annual Studebaker & Packard Show on August 29th, paid off for our friend, Ohio Region member & newsletter editor, Dale Richmond.
The car was seen by many people frothing over it that day and quite a few people showed interest...enough for it to easily be sold and on its way to one of the many SDC visitors from Pennsylvania. A bitter sweet congrats to Dale, but another congratulations to the new owner. I believe his last name is Lee. Can't share all of the details, but it went for a better price than I thought it would in this market, however it is a car which will be enjoyed immediately.
Thank you Kevin for taking time that day to caravan to the meet with my Lark and installing new power steering hoses and new rear brakes and cylinders for Dale. This was Kevin's first time to a Studebaker show.
Dale couldn't physically make it to the show this year, so we were happy to get the Cruiser there and we wish him well in the future. Now he can relax a little. [^]

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSC_0078-1.jpg

silverhawk
09-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Congrats to Dale and the new owner! That is a superb looking car, the person who bought that will get alot of looks in that.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon

barnlark
09-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Dylan, I think he bought it for his grandson. He was the one going nuts about it. Pretty close to your age, maybe a bit older. [8D]

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1253_2.jpg

silverhawk
09-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Wow!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon

jimmijim8
09-10-2009, 04:45 PM
What a beauty. Black Beauty jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.

Bill Pressler
09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Dave, I'm glad to hear this. I spoke with Dale this past Sunday and I know he's got a lot on his mind with his and Marilyn's health issues and other things. I know he'll miss the car, but it is indeed a beauty. I think Dale was one of those guys who, if the car had one thing that was bugging him, in it went to his favorite local mechanic! That car is beautiful. Congrats to both Dale and the new owner.

Bill Pressler
Kent, OH
'63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
'64 Daytona Hardtop

candbstudebakers
09-10-2009, 05:58 PM
It is always nice when things work out well, yesterday was the day my friend Pat (nibbs53) and I took the 66 cruiser down to southern California to the shipper for it trip to New Zealand, it will be the only 66 cruiser in New Zealand, good people in other country's love Studebakers also, now to find homes for a few more 53 hardtop, 53 coupe, 53 (C) cab hemi powered, 57 Golden Hawk, 54 (C) cab 3/4 ton big commander engine, if interested let me know...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
canbstudebakers-

]http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/IM001154.jpg

Dick Steinkamp
09-10-2009, 06:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by barnlark

The car was seen by many people frothing over it that day and quite a few people showed interest...enough for it to easily be sold and on its way to one of the many SDC visitors from Pennsylvania.

Excellent, Dave. Beautiful car. Glad it found a good home (with your help [^]).

Dick Steinkamp
Bellingham, WA

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww63/dstnkmp/63%20Daytona%20done/PP026-1.jpg

kevin69bman
09-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I talk to Dale and the new owner Is giving or seling his 63 to his grand son and bought Dales car to have Air for his wife!!

Bill you are right he always made sure his cars are always in great runing order!!!

I should know been doing his work for many years.

Its all good and I had fun at the meet.

Kevin

barnlark
09-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
Excellent, Dave. Beautiful car. Glad it found a good home (with your help [^]).

Dick, I have to give you credit on this, actually. Watching your Kart Hauler not meet reserve on eBay, but then score a sale at a large California car show last month gave me the idea to make sure that Dale's got to a better venue than our newsletter. Summit was not a Good Guys, or anything nearly that large, but it did corner every area Stude fan for a day. Can't beat seeing a car in person.

What Kevin69bman didn't explain was that he probably still owed Dale a couple more days of good kharma due to his high school days when Dale was a teacher and administrator and he tended to make rather loud car noises daily outside the school windows. :D
He's grown up a little (and I [b]do mean a little) but still owns a pretty decent noise maker seen below.
An A12 option 1969 440 Six Pack Super Bee and probably the only one built with original white buckets and that exterior color.. (Bahama Yellow/ Butterscotch?) Not a Stude related subject, but since the Cruiser has a 283, I took some liberties and am stretching it. :D

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN2037.jpg

Lark Hunter
09-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Good deal. I didn't think that car would be a hard sell. That is one of the most striking late Studes I have seen, especially in that color. It is positively dripping with coolness, and should garner a heapa positive attention for the new owner. I should probably stop gushing and say, "well done"!:) LH

"I'm allergic to small block Chevys."

studegary
09-11-2009, 03:14 PM
I am glad that that '65 Cruiser found a new home. Now I can stop thinking about it (at least for awhile). It is strange that I remember the car coming from Pennsylvania and now it is going back to Pennsylvania (several owners and a lot of years in between).

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

barnlark
09-11-2009, 03:30 PM
I thought that you might have grabbed that black '59 hardtop..[?]

Stu Chapman
09-16-2009, 10:23 AM
How great to learn that Dale has found a new home for the Cruiser. As most SDC members following this thread know, this beautiful example of a Canadian-built Studebaker was in our hands for many years. I know how much Dale and Marylyn loved that car and I wish them the very best in their relaxing years. To Dave Arnold...I know how much you helped Dale in keeping that car fresh. Very much appreciated.
Stu Chapman

barnlark
09-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Can't take much credit for that, but thank you for the thought. The car sold itself, ultimately. You were just parts of its history of having loving owners. Thank you for that, Stu. [^]

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN1253_2.jpg

kevin69bman
09-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Its a great car I loved driving it to the show!!