Pictures of 1959 Lark dealer literature/paperwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of 1959 Lark dealer literature/paperwork

Here are some quick pictures I took on my cell phone of all the Stude literature/paperwork that my Grandpa kept when he got his old '59 Lark. Enjoy!

Also, if there is anything you'd like me to take a more detailed shot of, just let me know. Or if you want me to take a picture of each page of the accessories brochure, just let me know.

-Bob

Thats pretty cool! Thats neat that those were saved, most aren't.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Bob, can't remember reading the answer to my question if it has been brought up already. Too many posts.

Have you gotten the production order for your car yet? That would really complete your collection of paperwork, which is just great.

Visit the Studebaker National Museum in South Bend, Indiana, to experience the story of one of the world's foremost automotive makers.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I have a question maybe one of you older (sorry) guys can answer me. In the first photo, note the address on the yellow envelope. See where it says, "South Bend 27, Indiana" ? Does anybody know what exactly the "27" means?[?]

Comment

That is the old postal zone, 1959 was pre ZIP(July 1, 1963) code days. Every major city had many postal zones. Where exactly zone 27 was I cant tell you maybe somebody else will know.

Jon Krimm
          1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Comment

Bob, I have not gotten the production order for my Grandpa's old car...I didn't know I could get such a thing, and I just got all of this paperwork the other day. But I will look into getting that paperwork for sure. Any idea as to how much it costs?

-Bob

Comment

The last I heard the 1960 to 1964 are $25.00 and the pre-1960 are $40.00 -bummer! [:0]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Eh...thats alright. In time I'd like to get that paperwork. Thanks for the info!

-Bob

Comment

That is an awfully clean version of the window sticker. How great. That's a keeper. Too bad you don't have the car to go with it all.

Comment

I know barnlark, thats the biggest shame of it all!

-Bob

Comment

Heres a link to a flyer from the dealer...at the bottom you can see what the dealership looked like...

Comment

Thats so cool! Thanks so much for posting that ISpy!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by elwood565

Eh...thats alright. In time I'd like to get that paperwork. Thanks for the info!

-Bob
                          I'm a big supporter of the Studebaker National Museum and all, but I think there's a big difference between $25 for a piece of paper and $40. I know the difference is because for '59 and earlier, they are on microfilm so the copy effort is greater. If I had the window sticker, I'm not sure I'd bother with the production order. Most information you want from a production order (destination, color, optional equipment) is on the window sticker. Date assembled (noted on the production order) is interesting to me, only in that Bob would be able to know if the car sat at the dealer a long time before being purchased.

Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                          '64 Daytona Hardtop
                          Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          (formerly Greenville, PA)
                          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                          All are in Australia now

Comment

All good points from a guy with a blue Daytona defying gravity. [}][)]

Comment

Thanks Bill. You're right, there isn't much I don't know about the car with the paperwork I already have. If I owned this same car, I'd spend the cash to have the production order, but since I don't, I'm not too concerned about spending that $ right now.

-Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X