Thanks to Ozark Trails Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Ozark Trails Chapter

When my brother asked for Saturday off so he could attend the Orphan Car Show, his boss commented that he sure went to a lot of car shows. His reply was,"This isn't really so much a car show, it's more like a family reunion". I think that sums up the overall feel of the Branson show. The Ozark Trails group puts a lot of effort into making things run smoothly for those of us who attend and the location is great. Without judging, everyone is free to visit with other car enthusiasts and look to their hearts content without getting in anyone's way. There are plenty of Studebakers to see as well as a good number of other makes you won't see many other places and if you get tired the hospitality room is available for refreshments and a cool place to sit. I had a great time even though I could only attend Saturday.

Visited with old friends, met some new ones and hope to be there longer next year.
    GOOD JOB ON ANOTHER ORPHAN CAR SHOW OZARK TRAILS!

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

That lovely young lady sitting in the chair is our own Ozarkpetunia here on the forum.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Dick, I sure wish you could have made it!

I second Howard's sentiment about the atmosphere of this show! It was heartbreaking to go without the Super Coop (see the "Potato Chip" post) but we went anyway and folks we'd met ONE TIME at last year's Orphan Show remembered us and my not-even-close-to-restored car.

And when I explained why we were sans-Studebaker, my chapter members burst into action and by Saturday had located TWO engines for me to choose from ~ I don't know why I keep forgetting to put the word out to my chapter folks when I have a question or need, but I'm hoping that by sharing my experience I can help another newbie!

People keep expressing surprise that Fred and I belong to two chapters that aren't necessarily "local" but the people are FABULOUS and I'd never have gotten this far without them!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can make it to this show next year, I HIGHLY recommend it as an opportunity to see some great, interesting cars and meet some outstanding people!

Fayetteville, AR

Comment

Working...
      X