• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti tail light housing

Looking for tail light housings for 63 Avanti. Anyone have any
    experience with Nostalgic Motors? I am looking for repops but
    would consider replating good original castings. Thanks

Stay away from the repops! I had sent my originals to be replated & they lost them. Got the repops & they were nothing but junk in my opinion- didnt even cover the hole for the lamp in the fiberglass. Nostalgic has alot of original stuff, but make sure the housings are original or stay away.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Warren Webb

Stay away from the repops! I had sent my originals to be replated & they lost them. Got the repops & they were nothing but junk in my opinion- didnt even cover the hole for the lamp in the fiberglass. Nostalgic has alot of original stuff, but make sure the housings are original or stay away.

60 Lark convertible
      61 Champ
      62 Daytona convertible
      63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2)
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan
      The repro castings have some shrinkage, and don't fit well, stick with the factory jobs.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I bought the repro housings for my '70 Avanti from Nostalgic Motors and have nothing but positive things to say about them. The fit was fine...no issues at all. I modified them to use the LED boards for lighting, but outside of that...nothing was necessary to use them as they came.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

LED boards. Did the Avanti lens require any modification ?

Richard

Comment

There was no modification needed to the lens. There was a cut by a cutting wheel or Dremel tool required to fit the board to the housing. It wasn't difficult to do.

Comment

Have a couple Avanti II housings new. One is a one holer and the other has 2 holes. E-mail me if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
              X