Someone Better Buy This NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Better Buy This NOW!

There is a nice bulletnose convertible on eBay with a "Buy It Now" price of $5,750. I'd do it, but I just bought a Wagonaire.

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Not sure what the deal is with this car. It has been bouncing around for sale for at least a year and a half year. I first saw the ad at the '08 York swap meet.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

If I understand the ad correctly, this is a chopped coupe. It has no working side windows and no top. You would have very limited fair weather use of this car.

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Looking at the ad and reading a question posted by a Ebay user it appears that the car was customized for the "Studebaker disco/bar chain" and was originally a coupe and it has no frame bracing to compensate for the lack of a roof.

Studebaker classifieds! www.studeswap.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by SteveH

Looking at the ad and reading a question posted by a Ebay user it appears that the car was customized for the "Studebaker disco/bar chain" and was originally a coupe and it has no frame bracing to compensate for the lack of a roof.

Studebaker classifieds! www.studeswap.com
          [:0]Sounds like a steap price to me.

Orlando FLA
          Orlando FLA

Comment

Jclary says:"You would have very limited fair weather use of this car."

John, where I live, that car's good for eight months without a top!

Not that I'd want a butchered thing like that.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yikes, Chris, you had me going for a minute there! I thought it was a real convertible, and on the right coast to boot! Can't get into a "roadster" in the Northeast though[|)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

There is a nice bulletnose convertible on eBay with a "Buy It Now" price of $5,750. I'd do it, but I just bought a Wagonaire.

Chris Pile

A lawn ornament, or limited use parade car at best.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Jclary says:"You would have very limited fair weather use of this car."

John, where I live, that car's good for eight months without a top!

Not that I'd want a butchered thing like that.[B)]
                  Hey...I have been out in your part of the country. On windy days it can rain more than just water! My poor wife has so many allergies that she is horrified at the thought of a convertible.

John Clary
                  Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
                  SDC member since 1975
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by jclary
                    no working side windows and no top. You would have very limited fair weather use of this car.

John Clary

Whatta ya mean? Where's your sense of adventure[?] The seller has it out in the snow.[][^]

KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

HEY!,
                      What the heck are those S.S. part sitting on the rear of the car?
                      I have two of those and have been trying for a year to figure out what they are.
                      Cant wait,
                      Dean.

Comment

At this price, someone CAN fix it!

Chris Pile
                        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

HEY!,What the heck are those S.S. part sitting on the rear of the car?I have two of those and have been trying for a year to figure out what they are.Cant wait,
                          Just a pair of outboard stainless seat frame trims, common to most '47-'52 Studes.

The odd thing about this ad is that it reads just like one of those phony ads where some foreign creep hijacked a legit ebay seller's account and tried to sell his car! Just the worst bunch of typos and poor grammar I have seen in a while, probably not the case this time, but it sure "looks like" the old scams again.

Quote: "THE REASON FOR THIS WAS THIS CAR CAME OUT TO BE SOLD BY STUDEBAKER DEALERS ACROSS THE USA AUGUST 2 1949."

Sounds awfully early for a 1950 to be sold, almost always all U.S. makes came out (were released for sale) in mid Sept. the year prior to the year model. [:0]

StudeRich
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Mr Biggs, I'm with you on the "weather" attitude. I don't know if I could live in a place where it rains in the Summertime. UGH. It stops raining here in March and usually does not rain again till October. We'll get a couple stray showers at times, but they are rare. Thats one of the reasons I live in California. Much of the rest of it sucks, but the weather is unbelievable. I could leave that car parked outside for most of its life and not worry about anything but my cat. But then again, a simple tonneau cover would take care of that. I'm an admitted weather brat. I grew up in Southern California. We would go to Newport Beach and go body surfing during Christmas vacation. Then I joined the Marines and spent two years in Hawaii. ( rough duty, I know ) Then moved to Sacramento. Nice weather all my life, so, what can I say. I've never lived where it snows, or even threatens to. Call me spoiled.

sals54
                            sals54

Comment

quote:John, where I live, that car's good for eight months without a top!
                              ...where I live its good for about 8 minutes, before snow, rain, or other such oobleck falls.

Comment

Working...
                              X