Lost dash cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost dash cover

I have been working on the interior of my 46 M5 pulled all the trim and dash stripped the paint and am getting ready to start primering all the pieces to prepare them for painting. In getting the pieces ready I can't find one of the cover plates in the dash. This is one of the smaller ones above the glove box with three vertical raised strips on it. I had it with the other two when I took it to the glass bead cabinet. It has walked away somewhere? Anybody know where it went? Does this happen to only me or can anyone else relate? This is only about 4 days into the interior how can I lose it in such a short time. In the event it has run away from home are there replacements available somewhere? It has to turn up but just in case I need to know if I can find another one.

I think they are probably with the missing dryer socks [)]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I think they are probably with the missing dryer socks [)]

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have 5 kids 1 wife and 40 nieces and nephews who might be looking for this thing, if I find dryer socks I will put them on ebay and make a fortune selling used soxs with only a bit of service rust

Comment

I have 5 kids 1 wife and 40 nieces and nephews who might be looking for this thing, if I find dryer socks I will put them on ebay and make a fortune selling used soxs with only a bit of service rust

Comment

I know where it's at, but I'm not telling.[)] Don't worry, after you find and buy a replacement, you'll find the original laying next to the telephone.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I know where it's at, but I'm not telling.[)] Don't worry, after you find and buy a replacement, you'll find the original laying next to the telephone.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I found the bugger!! The bead cabinet is at my Dad's place 1/4 mi away from our shop. It jumped out of the back of my truck hid while I walked back and forth about a billion times and laid there until snow covered it. I bet it was laughing! My brother in law went over and looked in the snow and found it, not that I wasn't on my hands and knees pleading and looking for it there. I think it hates me but I've got it now and put it in a safe place so I won't lose it...where was that?

Comment

I found the bugger!! The bead cabinet is at my Dad's place 1/4 mi away from our shop. It jumped out of the back of my truck hid while I walked back and forth about a billion times and laid there until snow covered it. I bet it was laughing! My brother in law went over and looked in the snow and found it, not that I wasn't on my hands and knees pleading and looking for it there. I think it hates me but I've got it now and put it in a safe place so I won't lose it...where was that?

Comment

Working...
                  X