50 Champion owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Champion owners

Today I had two Champion rear ends side by side, a 50 and a 51. Looks like the axle shafts and backing plates will swap right out, bearings appear the same and shaft length appears to be the same from just a quick comparison. The axle change will allow for later V8 brakes. Anyone done this? I didn't have time enough today to really take mesurements but I'll wager someone here has already done that.

StudebakerGeorge

Just do it George.. I'll drive down and get the '38 out so you can have some more work room.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matthew, after this chassis is a roller again I will shut the doors for a week and one of the things on the list for that week is a LONG ride in the 38...

StudebakerGeorge

Comment

Get some new tires, toss in that new OverDrive tranny, and drive the '38 up North of the border.

You can leave it here... Just take my '58 back with 'ya. I'll take good care of Harry Barnes' old '38. [^]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I haven't done it and have no clue how to do it. Good luck....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Wow, didn't expect such overwhelming response...maybe I should have mentioned light bulbs or Ford 289's...<G>

StudebakerGeorge

Comment

Working...
            X