PDA

View Full Version : Avanti Serial plate help

JDP
09-01-2009, 03:16 PM
A client needs a serial plate from a Avanti just to ship a chassis out of country, any help ?

"Hello John,

You might remember I purchased R5410 from you earlier this year. The car arrived in Australia the day before I flew out of the country. I am in the USA at the moment traveling around doing car stuff and having fun!
I've come across a rolling Avanti body/frame with most parts gone from
from the car. It is also missing the VIN tag and has no title! If I
purchased the remains of this car I currently wouldn't be able to export it out of the USA. The title problem I could probably solve but to even start the process I would need a VIN tag on the car. I wondered if you have any VIN tags from cars you have completely parted out?

Cheers, Leon Martin.
-- Christopher Leon Martin

martincl@fastmail.com.au

JDP/Maryland

Warren Webb
09-01-2009, 03:47 PM
How about the vin stamped in the rear crossmember? Is it visible? I have never checked my Avanti's for the stamped vin....(being they have the welded vin tag under the hood on the frame)...maybe I should!

60 Lark convertible
61 Champ
62 Daytona convertible
63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
63 Avanti (2)
66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Warren Webb
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I forgot the Avanti has a tubular rear cross member rather than the regular Stude "U" channel cross member. No vin visible there.

60 Lark convertible
61 Champ
62 Daytona convertible
63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
63 Avanti (2)
66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Green53
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
If I remember correctly there were a bunch of unused vin plates in the hardware bins at Newman & Altman a few years ago. Someone here probably has some.
Denny L

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff85/Daytona64/53Stude2015.jpg

jd-stude
09-01-2009, 07:30 PM
I have the plate for 63R 1491 that you could have. It was involved in a fire and I parted out the remains. It was part of a 2 Avanti deal and I didn't get or ask for a title for the parts car.
Ken

JDP
09-01-2009, 07:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by jd-stude

I have the plate for 63R 1491 that you could have. It was involved in a fire and I parted out the remains. It was part of a 2 Avanti deal and I didn't get or ask for a title for the parts car.
Ken

Could you e-mail him, I'm sure he'll be happy to pay you for your trouble.

martincl@fastmail.com.au

JDP/Maryland