SASCO disappointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SASCO disappointment

My brother just called from SASCO. He made a special trip there after researching a lot of items on SASCO's online store. Many of the parts showed up as being in stock. After driving 3 hrs. getting there he found that almost none of the items were available. I would strongly recommend that before you make a long trip to South Bend to call and go through everything you need! Unless you are going for a nostalgic trip to see the place before the party is over!

One of the comments made: "The website store has not been updated in ages!" (So don't trust this whatever you do!)

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

quote:Originally posted by Dan White

My brother just called from SASCO. He made a special trip there after researching a lot of items on SASCO's online store. Many of the parts showed up as being in stock. After driving 3 hrs. getting there he found that almost none of the items were available. I would strongly recommend that before you make a long trip to South Bend to call and go through everything you need! Unless you are going for a nostalgic trip to see the place before the party is over!
    I wondered if that would happen. Thanks for the heads up.
    I wanted to order some sheet metal stuff, but I'm dubious how well they will pack stuff now. How do they ship larger items? I had considered making a trip there, but for me it's a 560 mile trip.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul, when it exceeds their normal carrier's size or weight limit (UPS), they use Truck Freight, the cost is more about size than weight on those, and they hate home, not business deliveries and charge for it.

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Paul, I am going to SASCO on Sept 8th to pick up an order, if you want to place an order let me know, I can bring it as far as Washington, Pa....just south of Pittsburgh,and store it till you pick it up....I have 2 enclosed trailers to pick from for the trip..small one is good for my stuff...but I can take the larger one !

I just realized that Harpers Ferry is 3 1/2 hrs from Washington, but my brother goes to his daughters in Hagerstown several times a month, I'm sure he would transport to there if that helps...Marc

Comment

Marc,
          Good to see another member here from my hometown. [8D]

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Lately (like last week for instance) I've ordered some mouldings that were over 6 ft long. They did a great job of lashing them to a 2X4 and padding and taping to where they came across country with UPS (Ultimate Punishment Shipping) without a scratch![^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Have you seen how they got my rear spring set to me? I wish I'd seen the UPS driver's face!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I had some delivered like that. Heck, those drivers see alot worse than that!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by MARCHOBBS

Paul, I am going to SASCO on Sept 8th to pick up an order, if you want to place an order let me know, I can bring it as far as Washington, Pa....just south of Pittsburgh,and store it till you pick it up....I have 2 enclosed trailers to pick from for the trip..small one is good for my stuff...but I can take the larger one !
                  I just realized that Harpers Ferry is 3 1/2 hrs from Washington, but my brother goes to his daughters in Hagerstown several times a month, I'm sure he would transport to there if that helps...Marc
                  Thanks for the very kind offer. I'll try to get an order put together and get back to you off-Forum. Washington isn't that far for me. I would hate to impose on your brother.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

No surprise, here. I've never had a response from SASCO's on-line store. I bought a crank from them but it was on eBay. They can eBay but can't maintain their own website. Go figure.
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

The only reason the UPS guy wasn't happy is that there was no box to knock the end out of and lose the contents.

I've had several items shipped to me that way and I don't see the problem. Nothing they can do to them will hurt 'em and it's obvious what they are and where they are going.

Bob

Comment

Marc , I'll be there on tuesday as well ...maybe run into you . Sure like your '66 you have in your pic []

[IMG]
                        Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                        "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                        1964 Daytona HT
                        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

David did you ever get the crank? what one were you after? 259- or 289? I have both and would bring along...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                          canbstudebakers-

]
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Don't believe the SASCO website!
                            I've tried to order items they say they have only to be told on the phone...
                            "We haven't had those for years."
                            But once they're on the phone, they're very nice.

At work, I do a bit of shipping and most of the receiving...our UPS guy is a miserable coot (He looks just like the neighbor on the "King of the Hill" cartoon..they guy who is always smoking...I don't watch it so I don't know his name). I know he wouldn't be happy with the springs...

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

My recent orders with SASCO have been a joke. I order on line where they show stock and then get a notice that they don't have it. I do auditing for ISO9001:2000 & 2008 and the first thing I look for is evidence of customer satisfaction. Right now I would say these guys would rate pretty low. Not that they care anymore.

Doug

1950 Champion 9G F1

Comment

Working...
                              X