63 Standard Wagon press photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Standard Wagon press photo

Picked this up from one of the auto lit vendors. We've probably all seen this photo (I think it's in Ed's Lark book?) but this one has the factory PR blurb attached to it:

I thought the pricing details were interesting. Wonder what the other 3 wagons were? Probably Chevy II, Falcon, Valiant. I bet, of the four, that the Stude was the highest price point, but don't have any data to back that up.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Cool picture- I love those old car pictures. Shows how far we've come with Computers and Photoshop. It's cute how tacked-on to the picture the car looks, even with the air-brushed "shadow"[^]

Lame effects or not, it's now my desktop wallpaper. Thanks for sharing it!![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I particularly like the anti-gravity tires and the binary star system lighting, with one sun shining from behind the camera through the car windows and the other from well off to the photographer's right onto the Ubiquitous Palm Springsians. SuperSciFi kewl!

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
      In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
      If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

very neat!
        I think someone might have mentioned, maybe in turning wheels or Ed's book about why would such a cheap car have a stratovue mirror.

Comment

Having this 63 Cruiser sitting around without any trim on it, I've come to appreciate how pretty the 63 lines are WITHOUT any brightwork accents.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona

very neat!I think someone might have mentioned, maybe in turning wheels or Ed's book about why would such a cheap car have a Stratovue mirror.
            AND...a Radio and Antenna, all that for $2330.00? I don't think so! [:0]

If it really was included and not a Picture error, the only logical explanation would be, to match the competition!

I wonder if Bob (63larkcustom) knows where in Palm Springs that backdrop Country Club or whatever is!

StudeRich
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

I wonder if Bob (63larkcustom) knows where in Palm Springs that backdrop Country Club or whatever is!
              Wouldn't a soup kitchen have been a more appropriate backdrop for a Standard??

Craig

Comment

Notice, as I have mentioned in other topics, that the fixed roof wagon is referred to as a station wagon and the sliding roof wagon is referred to as a Wagonaire.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
                  Not one of the Bobs, but I think that the background may have been Raymond Loewy's home. I do not mean the design studio house. Raymond Loewy's home was used in Avanti advertisements and this looks similar. This is based on memory. I do not have the Avanti pictures here to compare.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                  X