Studebakers Where You Least Expect Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers Where You Least Expect Them

After a great vacation in New York City there was a glitch yesterday in changing planes in Chicago. The "glitch" was the late Sen. Ted Kennedy's funeral, which backed up air traffic in Boston (VIP in and outs) and thus the entire eastern seaboard. I missed my connection in Chicago home to Omaha by mere minutes. While waiting across the street from the O'Hare Hilton at 9:30 last evening for a shuttle to the Holiday Inn, what did I see but a beautiful, rare automobile parked directly in front of the Hilton. It was a black 1962 Studebaker Lark Skytop with wide whites sandwiched between two latter-day Lincolns. Had Illinois license plates and was in very good condition. It looked like a jewel box and reaffirmed my personal belief that Studebaker produced one of the most elegant compacts of the 1960s.

Spying this ultra-rare Lark and enjoying the car for the standout that it truly was made an otherwise maddening evening a much more tolerable. Now. Who owns that car??!!

John Waddell
    Omaha, NE

My guess is that it ws Joe & Marie Fay's car. Did it look like this, with black top material?

Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Wow, the Chicago O'Hare Hilton, now that's one classy place to park a very classy Skytop! [^]

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looked exactly like the car pictured above. Did not get close enough to see the interior. Had Illinois plates.

John Waddell
        Omaha, NE

Comment

Hey John, wonder if we are related somewhere down the line
          Tim Waddell

Comment

Frank & Joe Faye.........pride of Rockville Centre, New York!

quote:Originally posted by r1lark

My guess is that it ws Joe & Marie Fay's car. Did it look like this, with black top material?

Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Working...
            X