Might have Studebaker parts in it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might have Studebaker parts in it.

One of the neatest street rods that I saw at the Springfield swap meet was this little roadster. The title says 28 ford, but the owner knows that is not true. Much of the car is hand built and very well done by someone years ago. The running gear is early Ford with a Y block engine. I know it probably is not Studebaker, but I thought more people would see it here.

I don't know if you can tell, but the cowl is much longer than a typical Ford and has a cowl vent that is deeply set and rather small for its surroundings. The windshield is the top half of a Model T windshield and the dash is cut down from some unknown make. The doors and quarter panels look like they probably came from some kind of old car, but the deck and deck lid appear hand made. I suspect that the steering wheel and tail lights were retrofitted at a later date. The steering is through the cowl and has a neat little bubble over it.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

That is cool! Thanks for posting!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

y-block always welcome at hotrodstude.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

Working...
      X