parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts

Ok, Sorry guy's I know I have done this before but I am looking for good sites that list parts for sale and parts needed.
    You gave them to me once but I can't find them now, PLEASE help.
    Dean.

Start with our Home Page/Valuable Links: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/links.asp

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I checked those just now, Thanks for that but I think the pieces I need will be somewhat hard to find especially considering I don't have a part # and also am not computer literate enough to post a pic.
      Do you have a way to give me the part # if I send you a picture direct? Also of course would you be willing to?
      Dean.

Comment

Dean - It sounds like you need to get a Parts Manual for your Studebaker!

Pretty tough to buy parts without one - and makes selling a lot easier as well as you can accurately describe items.

They are available from SI, SASCO and many other vendors.

Here is a link to the Studebaker Swap page:

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island Chapter
        http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Mark's given you the link to the Stude Swap page but, the best site for parts for sale/needed is the classified ads in TURNING WHEELS.

I also agree with him, the parts catalogs are a great investment. They not only help you quickly and precisely communicate your needs, I've used them in salvage yards to determine if parts from one model will fit another. I take them to swap meets, where they are often the only way of telling if the part someone has is the part you need.

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Mark,
            Thanks for your words of wisdom. I am sure you are right but as of right now I don't have one plus most of the parts I want to sell/give away aren't of the same make or model.
            No Big I can get the part # by other means.
            Thanks for your help.
            Dean.

Comment

Thanks Brad,
              I am looking into getting one and read my TW front to back the day I get it.
              Currently I'm looking for a couple of chrome parts that go on the cowl of a 52 2door hard top outside the windshield wipers L/R hand pieces.
              It's my own fault I need them (scrwd up the ones I had stripping them)
              Thanks for your time,
              Dean.

Comment

Dean,

I'm having trouble figuring out what pieces "outside the windshield wipers on a 52 2-door hardtop" would be.

OK, I looked them up - part numbers 296589 (left) and 296588 (right) 296587 is the center piece of this beltline moulding set.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks,
                  Mr Biggs, I just sent you an email before I finished reading this.
                  Appreciate the help very much.
                  Dean Pearson.

Comment

Dean, I didn't see any pictures, but the part description I think you are talking about is 'moulding and clip, cowl top belt'. Right side, 296588. Left side, 296589. They will fit only 1952 hardtop or convertible.

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
                    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks for the help Dwain.
                      Dean.

Comment

Working...
                      X