new to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to this

I just got my first Studebaker. It is a 1957 Champion Sedan, as best I can figure. I do not know what to do. I am trying to find as much information and guidance as I possibly can. I would like to know what this car really should be and if it is worth restoring. My wife want to restore it.

I am open to all suggestions or comments.

Please email me and let me know your thoughts.

Thank You in advance for your assistance.

Welcome to the world of Studebakering. If your Stude has a 6 cylinder engine, it's likely that it is a Champion. I suggest you open the hood, look just inside of where the passenger's side hood hinge is and relay to us, the two lines of info on the embossed tag. With this info we can say with relative certainty, what model of car you have.

You can also become a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club right from this very website. Doing so will get you a monthly publication devoted to Studebakers and sources of parts and services for Studebakers.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

We also came to this forum after we got our first Studebaker. So many people have helped us through the good and bad times of our projects. This forum and the Studebaker Drivers Club (SDC) have been great resources for us. We recommend joining your local chapter of the SDC. Also, if you can post some pictures of your new car, it would really be helpful. Enjoy and have fun. We also work on our Studebakers as a couple and really enjoy it!

John and Tracy Smith
      Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

Welcome aboard!! Just to echo what the others have said, join the Studebakers Drivers Club (SDC); you won't regret it.

The first thing you should do is post some pics!

Studebaker classifieds! www.studeswap.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 57studechampion

I just got my first Studebaker. It is a 1957 Champion Sedan, as best I can figure. I do not know what to do. I am trying to find as much information and guidance as I possibly can. I would like to know what this car really should be and if it is worth restoring. My wife want to restore it.

Every Studebaker is worth restoring, unless you are asking if you'll recover the money invested. While the cost of restoration does not vary that much between different models in similar condition, their value does.
          For example, a $10,000 restoration on a 57 Golden Hawk might well be recovered, a 57 Champion sedan would not. You have to remember that 20K new car might be worth 2K in ten years, while the $10,000 Champion might well catch up after 10 years.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Welcome welcome welcome. There is only one rule to remember 'round here~

SEDANS RULE!!!

Sorry, some of us get a little bit carried away when a 'new' '57 sedan shows up.
            [:0] [^] [)]

Contact me with s/n & body tag info on your car, please...

StudeDave '57 [8D]
            Ferndale, WA

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
            '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
            '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
            '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

We jus looooove pit-churs around here! There's a sticky on the main page showing how to post them, if you're not familliar with the procedure. You can also send them to a few of us and we'll post 'em for ya!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Post pictures of your wife.
                She sounds perfect![]
                Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 57studechampion

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK
                  Post pictures of your wife.
                  She sounds perfect![]

Exactly, I'd pull up a chair outside of the garage and watch her restore it. How great is that?

Comment

Things To Do After You Bought That Studebaker
                    from the Tech Tips page of this Forum's SDC Home page.
                    This is a very good read.

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome to the world of Studebakers![8D]

StudeDave57's comment needs a minor correction however...[:0] 57's Rule (not just the Sedan's). [}]

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar Deluxe
                      Vancouver Island Chapter
                      http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

Welcome to the forum and Studebakers. Where are you located. I have a 2 dr. 57 Champion.

1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh, geez. I got so excited that I forgot the question mark and what I own is listed in my signature. It is not everyday that someone brags about a 57 Champion.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X