• Show
Clear All

• Good guy. Pleasanton.

Found just six stude's.
    Did find about fifteen plus hot rod's
    from B.C. CANANDA.All driven.1100 miles
    one way. Not one on a trailer.

Maken lunch.[^]

Boy my feet are tired from walking, if people went there today to see Dick's Ute they missed it , sold and gone already, left yesterday.

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
    canbstudebakers-

]
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Ya got enough grub in that trunk to feed Coxie's Army!

Chris Pile
      Editor: The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I love the M series truck. Had to look at it a couple times to figure out why it was so out of proportion.

I agree, Bob you have enough food ther for all of us!

Comment

All those Studebakers look great, that M series Truck was really cute.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

Ya got enough grub in that trunk to feed Coxie's Army!
            quote:Originally posted by Bullet

I agree, Bob you have enough food ther for all of us!
            A bit of my homemade and "World Famous" StudeDave's salsa would go good with those Tostito's~

Ask any man (or woman) who has tasted some~ they'll tell you all about it!!! [^]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
            Ferndale, WA

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
            '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
            '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
            '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

We were just walking by and stopped to look at the 53, I had my 03 national meet t-shirt on from Sacramento so she asked us if we want something to eat, that's the way Studebaker people are, just come in and sit down and have some food, she had every thing in the trunk and also the old chevy next to it belonged to her daughter and it was filled too. Just can't beat them Studebaker people I guess it might have been different if I had not been the president of the Sequoia Chapter and she is one our members (Julie Quayle)this car was her husbands last thing he wanted before he passed away a few years ago, she now drives it to shows a lot just for him, supper nice lady and he daughter is one fine lady also, that old Stude truck in the picture has a Chevy 292 for an engine and they want $13,500 for it and I can't sell a rust free 53 "C" cab with a 53 Dodge Red Ram Hemi for $6000.00 oh well some one will come along and see what a nice deal it is, even tried to get Dick to make it one of his next projects but he is standing fast with he has enough to do now he won't even come by the shop because he might be tempted..Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
              canbstudebakers-

]
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Nibbs and Bob, Really sorry I missed you guys when you came by. You found at least one Stude that I missed and I found couple that you didn't.

There was also an original 42 coupe there, a black one that I did not take a picture of. And I am really mad at myself for putting off taking a good picture of Steve's 'vertible and then got so busy having fun that I only got one good shot.

I did get this one looking over his car across the street to mine. I think he has some good ones too.

All in all a fun Studebaker week-end

Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

Comment

What's the deal with all the resale red Studes. hood's propped up, all too hot? [:0]

StudeRich
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:What's the deal with all the resale red Studes. hood's propped up, all too hot?
                    Red is a cliche', but sometimes you just have to do what's right. I have to admit Pat's red actually makes my red look a bit subdued. It is RED! I have mixed feelings about leaving the hood up. The car definitely looks better with the hood down, but people definitely want to see what's under the bonnet. Anyone have an idea how to fix it to remote raise and lower the hood? I'm thinking linear actuator with a remote sensor?
                    quote:

Steve Hudson
                    The Dalles, Oregon
                    1949 "GMOBaker" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
                    1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
                    1953 Champion Starliner (custom/rod project)
                    1954 Champion Coupe (daily driver)
                    1960 Hawk (future project?)

Steve Hudson
                    The Dalles, Oregon
                    1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
                    1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by S2DSteve
                      Anyone have an idea how to fix it to remote raise and lower the hood? I'm thinking linear actuator with a remote sensor?
                      Steve Hudson
                      Yes,

I'm letting a little cat out of the bag, but I will be doing that to mine, Also a solenoid to pull back the safety latch.

3 thoughts
                      Hood latch spring
                      Safety latch
                      Actuator operation/attachment points.

Thought 1a, not a question. Does a guy just manually release the hood latch and operate a remote at the show.
                      Or try and controll it all by remote [}]

Dakota digital has a controller for 2 actuators to work simultaneously, not sure if the controller allows you to tie in a delay to operate a safety latch solenoid first and then turn on the actuator. Might need a 6 function keyless entry brain.

I'm not ready to work on it yet.

BUT WOULDN'T IT BE COOL TO SIT IN THE LAWN CHAIR AND RAISE THE HOOD AS SOMEONE WALKS BY. [:0]

Then again your car's finished....The ol prop rod is working good. [^]

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:BUT WOULDN'T IT BE COOL TO SIT IN THE LAWN CHAIR AND RAISE THE HOOD AS SOMEONE WALKS BY
                        Great minds think alike.
                        I've actually seen a couple with variations of this setup. The long C/K hood presents some special problems though. As far as being "finished"...I doubt it will ever be completely done, and even then it will be time to "re-do" one thing or another.

Steve Hudson
                        The Dalles, Oregon
                        1949 "GMOBaker" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
                        1953 Champion Starliner (custom/rod project)
                        1954 Champion Coupe (daily driver)
                        1960 Hawk (future project?)

Steve Hudson
                        The Dalles, Oregon
                        1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
                        1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

I think if you put a linear actuator on it, then you could probably do away with the safety latch (head gouger). The actuator could fill that role. You might need to add some structure to the underside of the hood if you want to attach the actuator to just one side, or you could possibly go with two. They would still need to work with the hinge action. I have seen this done with some show cars where they had a timer that would activate at programmable intervals. I've seen them open hoods, doors, trunk lids and even lift pick up beds or COE cabs. Lots of engineering to work out, but a neat idea none the less. I was actually thinking of doing one on my trunk lid, if for no other reason to pull it down tight so it will seal!

I agree they are never done!

Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

Comment

Steve-

I'm in love with your car!!!

[:I]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Pat Dilling

I think if you put a linear actuator on it, then you could probably do away with the safety latch (head gouger).
                              Pat, I was thinking the same thing.
                              Wondered if the actuator would be stout enough to pull the hood down and latch on a "driven" car.

I might have to consider a non Stude spring latch. Maybe an easy closing bear claw, turned and welded CadyWhompas .

More sleepless REM nights [xx(](Random Eye Movement)

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X