champion 6 and commander 6 1949

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• champion 6 and commander 6 1949

what is the cubic inch displacement of the 2 six's made in 1949.the shop manual just tells you one is a champion and the other is a cammmander??and also states that the 3-passanger could be a champion or a commander? anybody know.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Champion is 169.9
    Commander is 226

[IMG]
    Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Before 51 the Commander engined cars are easy to spot because the front fenders are longer. To me they almost look nose heavy. The Intake/exhaust manifold is the quickest way to identify the two engines. The Champion is almost straight while the commander exhaust loops up and back down similar to Chevy rams horns.
      If you are uncertain about a particular car that has no engine, the firewall tag will give you the number/letter combination to identify the body.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

is there such a thing as a245 6-cylinder?is it a car or truck engine? can it be swapped in to a car?

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

Hotrodstude, In my case, I have a 1950 Commander Starlight. It has a 245 motor. That motor was the last year for car 245 motors. It was the first year ( year only) that they came with automatics. I have not mention that the trucks sported these motor as well. I can not remember the last year that the truck had them, I am quessing 1956?

Comment

Get a copy of the Landcaster Meet hand out that list all cars 1904 through 1966 spects.

Richard

Comment

quote:Originally posted by royvaldez

Hotrodstude, In my case, I have a 1950 Commander Starlight. It has a 245 motor. That motor was the last year for car 245 motors. It was the first year ( year only) that they came with automatics. I have not mention that the trucks sported these motor as well. I can not remember the last year that the truck had them, I am quessing 1956?
              They were available through 60, there are some 60 Champs running around with Commander engines.

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt
              http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Working...
              X