Quality Control before WW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Control before WW2

I stopped at a truck stop on I-90 in S.D. Close to Mitchell. To fill up with diesel. There was a car hauler with 3 old cars on the trailer. On the back was a 1939 President. I went over to take a look. All the fits was almost perfect the hood, doors, and trunk lid. Then I come home and look at my 48. The doors don't line up the trunk don't fit. When we went to Omaha I got to really looking more closer at the cars more than I ever had before. After 1942 till the 56 sedans there was no hoods that fit real good. All the 56 & 57 sedans hoods fit as good as any car I've seen. Seems to me the quality control went to pot after WW2. But I still love them.

The 56, 57 and 58 sedans weren't flashy but were some of the best post war cars to come out of South Bend. As for the rest, we can correct their little imperfections when we take them apart and put them together.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The 56, 57 and 58 sedans weren't flashy but were some of the best post war cars to come out of South Bend. As for the rest, we can correct their little imperfections when we take them apart and put them together.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
      X