1959 Lark Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Lark Pictures

Here are some pictures of the Lark. I'm waiting on some clips for the last trim pieces and will be looking for a front bumper for a 1959. Next week, its going back for a cut n buff on the paint.

I would paint the rims to match , but thats just me . Do what ya want.

Comment

Thats going to be done on the 25th when it gets the buff job. thanks for pointing out the shortfall.

Comment

For those not familiar, here is what the car looked like 12/15/2008. It was one of the Peterson cars.

Comment

That really looks good. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

That is going to be one sweet ride. Hope you enjoy it a long time.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
            "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Beautiful job, and the color is fantastic. For some reason, the Lark looks great in red. But then, I'm partial to the styling of the '59 & '60 Larks.
              By the way, and I'm sure you're aware of this, the wheels are body color.
              Enjoy the car.
              Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Lookin' Good![] I'm having guilt pangs over having sent that '59 4dr to the crusher last week. While every door was pranged, the tub was solid. And I love the 59-60 4drs.[:I]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Part of why I didn't paint the wheels initially is I was considering putting halibrands on it..but as the car is a six figure painted wheels and full hubcaps will do the trick.

Comment

sixes deserve some respect too. Custom wheels and nobody will know it's a six. Looks very nice.

Comment

This is the type of Studey I've wanted since I was 12 and saw my first one. This one has been by far the most reliable Studebaker I've owned. The next project will be a/c and then interior. I'm toying around with putting a 63 bucket seat daytona interior in it. Not too sure yet. Thats a few months down the road. Originally I had intended the color to be shadowtone red. My painter took the liberty of mixing this color and surprising me. I was sorta shocked to see the red rather than plum, but it looks great. The paint has a high metallic content to it. Its really striking in person.

Comment

I should have charged you more for that one, HA HA HA, Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                        canbstudebakers-

]
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

True..but there are a few parts I'm gonna be needing. So far, I'm into the car about $4500. I think there is probably a few more thousand to go. Wonder what a car like this done is worth. Its not for sale but am sorta curious as it should probably be moved over to full coverage insurance.

Comment

Looks good!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                            Dylan Wills
                            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Looks really great. After you get the wheels off during the buffing for the paint to match, I have some driver quality 59-60 full wheelcovers for it if you'd like. What are your plans for the interior?

Comment

Working...
                              X