1955 Packard Caribbean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Packard Caribbean

Wonder why this is so cheap. I love this car.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Something is terribly wrong, there. That's waaaay too cheap. Please post if anyone finds out what's going on. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, you are sooooo right... something fishy here.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I'll defer to you buying it for that price {you saw it first} but seems ridiculously low. That number may be more in line with the odometer reading. Beautiful Packard. More like $60,000. The price has got to be a mistake. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Check out the other cars they have for sale. They're all priced WAY lower than what they're worth. This '55 Mercedes for $8700? No way. Maybe they forgot a zero in each price. Los Gatos is the rich suburb of San Jose and there's no way this dealer is going to sell them at these prices....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Their phone number and e-mail doesn't work. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I love it too, that looks to be a real bargin. Dual quads too.I better check my lottery ticket numbers.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

If I were stone broke, I would take out a loan to buy the Packard for the listed price and then tip the salesperson a couple grand. jimmijim

Comment

I will soil my shorts and eat them if someone can score that Caribbean for $10,700. LH

"I'm allergic to small block Chevys."
                  Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

This is probably a front-end scheme. You agree to buy the car, send a deposit, and when you go to complete the transaction both the car and the seller have disappeared. This happens on Craigslist all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 50Champ

That's a $125,000 to $250,000 SL. I've had an empty can of tuna in the garbage for a week that smells better than this.

Comment

I'm with Dave on this, Someone is floating pictures hoping for a big down payment and no car delivered.

Can we still alert Ebay to this, or have they changed their policies again?

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
                        Tom Bredehoft
                        '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
                        '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
                        (Under Construction 617 hrs.)
                        '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                        All Indiana built cars

Comment

It's on AutoTrader, Tom.
                          Just send your money to the prison library owner, where it will be put to good use.

Comment

I'd love to be able to contact them and ask if it were that I showed up with the cash, would they have the car and the appropriate papers ready for me![}]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1963 Cruiser
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Such an obvious scammer.
                              Plenty of 'halo' cars among the 56 listed, all with the exact same description cut & paste...
                              quote: Always garaged , Custom Wheels , Perfect first car , Performance tires , Power everything , Runs & drives great .
                              I do see lots of nice classics in/around Los Gatos, but none of these.

The only other remotely plausible explanation is D-I-V-O-R-C-E.
                              ...or that they are in Los Gatos, W. Africa.[)]

Andy
                              62 GT

Andy
                              62 GT

Comment

Working...
                              X