Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo needed- Early Champ Pickup

1960-1962 T-Cab Champ Pickup V8-3sp/OD

I need a photo of the clutch linkage from the frame bracket to the transmission bracket- and the reach-rod up to the clutch operating shaft on the bell housing.

I think I may have the wrong cross-shaft and reach-rod on mine.. as it is very hard to push.

Thanks,
    Ray

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Ray, if its a heavy duty clutch, then that might be a reason why its hard. My truck came with one & it was a bear to operate until I had the clutch assy rebuilt & 3 springs on the pressure plate removed. That & the clutch pedal itself being a shorter fulcrum- I replaced the pedal with one from a Lark that gave better leverage.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I test-drove the truck b4 I bought it. The clutch didn't seem inordinately hard to push. Since then, the truck was completely disassembled. Parts were boxed up and stored "for awhile"[B)]

I have reassembled the chassis and drive train. I originally installed a diaphragm-type pressure plate. After connecting all the linkages... I tried the clutch and it was VERY difficult to push .... of course, I was sitting on a wooden crate propped on a board between the frame-rails... since there was no cab on it at the time. I disassembled and reassembled it... in case I had something "wrong"... This did NOT change the pressure in any way. So... I installed a rebuilt OEM-type Pressure Plate assembly... and tried again..
      Same result.... a VERY hard clutch.
      So, I have been looking at the linkages... and they just don't look "right" to me. But, it's been 8-years since I took it apart... so who knows???

a PHOTO of the clutch-linkage from a 1960-1961 Champ Pickup V8 3/OD would let me know INSTANTLY if the stuff I have under mine is correct.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

Working...
      X