New SDC Chief Judge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SDC Chief Judge

I received a message this AM that Don Berg of Wisconsin has been named the new Chief Judge by President Mimi. Any comments?.

Frank Drumheller
    Louisa, VA
    60S-W6
    1948 M16-52 Boyer fire truck

If so good luck to him he will need it and also if he is on the forum and reads this he should get in touch with Carl Thoms the past chief for 5 years and Carl would be a great help in any way..Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
    canbstudebakers-

]
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Here's the message that was forwarded to me:

Greetings Board Members:

Well, I have selected a new Chief Judge. I was fortunate in that I ended up with four viable candidates willing to take the job on. Ultimately I have selected Don Berg, from Platteville, WI as our new Chief Judge. Don is smart, calm, experienced in judging and eager to make the Chief Judge job all that it can be. Plus, he is friends with Jim Pepper who is willing to get Don up to speed and help him as much as necessary.

I would appreciate it if you would pass the word on down to your Zone Coordinators who can pass it along as they deem necessary.

I trust you are all enjoying your summers.

Keep well,

Mimi Halgren

sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Good for Don, all those who compete in the concours owe him and all the judges a word of thanks. In my experience, limited that it is, judging cars can be a thankless task, often with much aggravation and stress. Fair and objective judging is something we can all be grateful for.

Pat

Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I agree Pat...
          And a heartfelt 'WELCOME' to anybody willing to step in after an 'experience'....

The true test for the SDC will be to work to see an increase in registrations 'that include judging' at regional and international meets.
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Pat Dilling

Good for Don, all those who compete in the concours owe him and all the judges a word of thanks. In my experience, limited that it is, judging cars can be a thankless task, often with much aggravation and stress. Fair and objective judging is something we can all be grateful for.

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
          X