New addition to the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition to the family

My son and I picked up the new addtion yesterday - '51 Champion, and yes she is pretty sad. But just before you all start thinking, 'that's only good for parts' Please bear in mind there are only about 12 x '50 & '51's on the road down here. So beggars can't be choosers Besides, I have been chasing a '51 for years and couldn't pass up the opportunity[:0]

I used this pic to show a '04 Falcon wagon, not that I am a Ford person by any stretch of the imagination, but I wanted to include a pic of a common Aussie wagon. The '51 will be a long term project - anyone got a cheap '51 Workshop manual[?]. Oh, also to brag about where we live, this is mid winter for us[8D] I really don't know how you guys do it over there in the colder states, with snow up to the wazoo.

Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Congratulations Matt! That'll keep you out of trouble for awhile. We don't normally get much snow in our part of the country, but I do prefer living in an environment where there are not many critters that can kill you without a thought. Our cooler winter weather keeps a lot of those away.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island Chapter
    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Cool! Whaddya need in the way of parts?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If your Falcon wagon is the same size as the ones over here it would be against the law to pull a trailer with a car on it on the freeway or any other road that is not dirt. the ones over here would not even pull your hat off let alone pull a trailer...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
        canbstudebakers-

]
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

The Falcon is a 6 cyl 4 lt (244 ci), with a 1600 kg tow pack - a few more kg's this time didn't hurt[:0] I towed the '51 through town so didn't get above 35 mph, the Falcon had no trouble with the load, the temp didn't get past half way.

As for parts: She is fairly complete, with rust in all the usual places, but the panel that would be easier to replace than repair is the front apron, (I think that's the right name for it). The panel between the front fenders, that goes from under the hood down to behind the bumper. (You can see the panel in the pic, also to two hansome devils that are now the owners)

Matt
          Brisbane
          Australia
          Matt
          Brisbane
          Australia
          sigpic

Comment

Good on you Matt, you are a glutton for punishment, still it looks not to bad. I will see if I can find a panel for the front when I am over there, leave Thursday as you know. You should post some pic's of your other addition! Regards Brian.
            Brian Greenall
            Melbourne, OZ
            sigpic

Comment

You're not the first to make the 'Glutton for punishment' comment The '51 definitely has some work for me, but it's mainly easy to repair panels, there's a few small outter panel holes, but the front apron is the worst. It's a good excuse to buy a new MIG. I'll be getting you to draw up that rotisserie I saw in your shed so I can knock one up for the '51.

Have you packed yet? I bet the kids have So, you got my shopping list right? "Start in 1st valve, Front apron for the '51 Champion, and a '58 Packhard Hawk", Only joking...sort of[:0]

If I don't talk to you, have a great trip.

SORRY GUYS, THE AUSSIES HAVE TAKEN OVER YOUR FORUM

Matt
              Brisbane
              Australian

Matt
              Brisbane
              Australia
              sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Aussie Hawk

SORRY GUYS, THE AUSSIES HAVE TAKEN OVER YOUR FORUM

NAH... There's room for everybody here! (Even those that disagree with us)

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                X