I need truck front fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need truck front fenders

I really miss driving around in my Orange pickup, and would like to get it back on the road. In order to do this, I desperately need a set of C Cab front fenders. (2R5 style with the small wheel openings, and no holes for the Transtar grille). A year ago, I was working on it and installed a Transtar grille to cover up the smashed in fenders, but nothing fit right, and I want it to have a Scotsman grille.

Some small dents and minor rust is okay, but no swiss cheese. And yes, I'm on a budget. If I can't find a set, then the truck will sit for a while longer. [:I]

Anybody got any?

I have a gorgeous set of polished door checkmarks, and need something to put them on. [)]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Let's beat out, and weld, up your old ones....
    If Dale can teach you with a small hammer, I can teach you with a big one
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

I really miss driving around in my Orange pickup, and would like to get it back on the road. In order to do this, I desperately need a set of C Cab front fenders. (2R5 style with the small wheel openings, and no holes for the Transtar grille). A year ago, I was working on it and installed a Transtar grille to cover up the smashed in fenders, but nothing fit right, and I want it to have a Scotsman grille.
    <snip>
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I think Craig Piper at Westmoreland Restorations has a NOS set but...,
      $$$$

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If I can straighten out a back fender that was mashed flat on a 56 wagon you can beat out a few dents on your pick up. Get you a set of body hammers and a bunch of dollies. And go to beaten. Start out with big blows and end up with a bunch of small ones.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

Mine MIGHT could be fixed.. But I'd like to find better ones.

The headlight buckets got pushed into the fenders, and it ain't pretty. With all the bending they're pretty weak. The driver's fender has been hit in the front at least 3 times now. Not to mention the tears, rips, and 15 year old bondo patches over rust..

I just want a better set of fenders. I hate patching and I hate bondo.

I have a nice Scotsman hood and a nice Scotsman grille. Just need nice fenders.

Comment

Matt, start thinking ALSO about trading. Your developing skills for fenders or part of the price. I only have one car and the improvements come one at a time. But there a lot of people with more than one car and may be willing to have work done and trade. If all else fails, START CHARGING FOR YOUR WORK! Have faith young man, have faith.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Might just have to do that Bob. [)]

Comment

Working...
              X