This 56 looks like a good deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This 56 looks like a good deal!

Sure looks pretty clean for the price, 6 banger or not! Hoax, great deal, or sign of the times?

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

When I got into Studebaker back in college - I was not a big fan of Studebaker's "Tri-sevens" (56, 57 and 58) but they have grown on me over the years.

This is a nice looking little car and although someone when overboard on the paint, does not look too bad.

Those bare rear fenders and the chrome ending right after the back door looks kind of cool...

<div align="left">1960 Lark 60S-W4</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
    [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

This has been run through several times and I too think it may be a good deal. There were some red flags noted about it but I forget the details.

Comment

If it matters, this car is located in the very SE corner of AZ in a small rural community. If you know anyone in Tucson, which is about 90 miles away, they might be able to check it out for you. Notice it is listed as for sale by dealer. Hard to be believe there are any car dealers in a town this small. Be careful.

Tim in Yuma, AZ
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
        jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DanTheFan

This has been run through several times and I too think it may be a good deal. There were some red flags noted about it but I forget the details.
          One of the most glaring problems I see is a left front fender that appears to be packing a few pounds of Bondo around the headlamp. Hopefully, the car will never need the left headlight replaced, as the bezel looks to be Bondoed to the fender[B)]. Overall, the car appears pretty solid. LH
          Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lark Hunter

One of the most glaring problems I see is a left front fender that appears to be packing a few pounds of Bondo around the headlamp. Hopefully, the car will never need the left headlight replaced, as the bezel looks to be Bondoed to the fender[B)].
            Wow, my eyes are pretty good and so is my monitor, and I don't see that[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I think this is the same car I looked at in Apache Junction last winter. It is solid but it looks a he77 of a lot better in pictures than in person. If you look, all rubber is painted, floor mats are bad, jams are painted over dirt etc. Seems like the grille bar was cracked and the bumper was rubbing the rear quarter if I remember right. It did run smoothly though, I didn't drive it. In my opinion it was a 1800 to 2200 car but I am cheap.

Comment

If anyone is truly interested in spending your hard-earned money on this car, please email us first.

John and Tracy Smith
                Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

Working...
                X