Brake Master Cylinder Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Master Cylinder Help

I have recently figured out I need a new master cylinder, the original is going bad. The shop I took it too wants 400.00 to replace with a new one. I have done some research and found some on NAPA Auto Parts. My question is I have a 8E5 1/2 ton 2.8L 1bl in-line 6. They do not list an 8E5 but they list and 8E7 and an 8E12. Will the 8E7 cylinder also also work for my 8E5?

quote:Originally posted by jeremyprice11

I have recently figured out I need a new master cylinder, the original is going bad. The shop I took it too wants 400.00 to replace with a new one. I have done some research and found some on NAPA Auto Parts. My question is I have a 8E5 1/2 ton 2.8L 1bl in-line 6. They do not list an 8E5 but they list and 8E7 and an 8E12. Will the 8E7 cylinder also also work for my 8E5?
    Yes, that master cylinder should work. The 8E7 is the V8 1/2 ton, and the brakes and suspension are the same with the exception of the springs.

Make sure the bore diameter matches the m/c you take off....and bench bleed it before installing.

Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

What I found is the bore size for my 8E5 is 1" and is the same as the one I am ordering. Thanks I will try.

Comment

Working...
      X