PDA

View Full Version : Another 1960 Lark Convertible on ebay

barnlark
07-29-2009, 07:08 AM
http://tinyurl.com/nbmkoh

This looks nice from 20 feet and I bet it looks good close up. Wish there were more pictures. Lots of bidders anyway.

studegary
07-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Note that it started life as a six cylinder convertible.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
Studebaker enthusiast much longer

bams50
07-29-2009, 04:20 PM
The owner's name is Ed. He semi-frequently posts listings on the Swap Page. He's listed it there from time to time. On July 1 he posted this listing:

For all you hot rodders, I am putting my Lark back to an all Studebaker Lark and I have for sale a 350 Chev eng. trans and 9in. Ford rear. Engine was rebuilt about a year ago, holds 60 lbs. oil pressure on the road. It's still in the car and you can hear it and drive it. Runs good. Driveshaft and floor shift included. $2000.00.

Now he's just listed the whole car for sale.

If anyone wants it, his direct e-mail and phone # are on the Swap Page, ad #5514, dated July 1.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131

StudeRich
07-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Very nice looking car, the 6 Cyl. frame should be the same as a V-8, no prob.

OH! It's got a belly button motor, never mind! :D

The personal opinions expressed here, may or may NOT be approved by the SDC Chief Judge, as such are not sanctioned by the Studebaker Drivers Club Inc. board of Directors, Officers or the majority of Members. [}:)]

StudeRich

barnlark
07-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Rich, I know we've been through this many, many times, but aren't the 1959 and up Lark frames when they started to have thinner gauge steel on 6 cylinder models than V/8 models? They are different, correct? I should know this, but were all Lark and Lark-type convertible X frames made with the V/8 gauge steel? I thought they weren't.