value of a 1957 silver hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• value of a 1957 silver hawk

I am looking for the value of a 1957 silver hawk, 30000 mile car, six cylinder engine (rebuilt) automatic transmission, vinyl seats (dry rotted, very little rust with no rust through. I would rate this car a 5-6 on a ten scale. needs paint and the chrome is fair. I have some pickups but have no experience with Studebaker cars. Any rough idea would help me greatly.

Thanks Tim

Pictures would help us to help you.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

My guesstimate, with the information provided, is $3000 to $8000.

The six cylinder and the need for paint and upholstery are all big negatives.

You don't mention if this Silver Hawk six is a coupe (C body) or hardtop (K body). Studebaker made 4163 of the 6 coupes and only 120 of the 6 hardtops. The hardtop would have the higher value.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I would say $10K with new paint, new upholstery, good chrome and good running driver. Back off $1500 upholstery, $3500 paint, $500 chrome improvement and $500 6 cyl/AT C body. IMO, net $4000.

Comment

I'm with Joe, and I like how he spells it out with some real numbers.

Comment

2500-3500 jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
            X